Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religion is undemocratic

Options
  • 24-07-2005 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

im writing this in the hope to find people that would agree with me when i say religion is a dictatorship style belief the. The idea that one man is all powerful all seeing and contols every aspect of our lives is no different to any dictatorship goverment. except that were following ideas that have been getting passed on to us since we lived in caves.This is a modern age where its one person one vote, there is no such thing as a rightous person

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

kurisu wrote:
    The idea that one man is all powerful all seeing and contols every aspect of our lives
    I'm not a religious person but the idea of most religions is that this deity thing isn't a man, it's a deity. Not Santa Claus, who watches me go to the loo I suspect.

Given that you've posted this in Christianity as well(incidentally I'm not completely against cross-posting if it's completely relevant to two boards and there's a good enough reason for it to exist twice) I'll lock this as religion and politics mix like oil and fire in an imprecise discussion. It's nothing to do with politics as posted. Frankly it'd be more at home on the Stargate board as opened than here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement