Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for an Irish Translator

• 24-07-2005 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if anyone would be willing to join a project I run that requires an Irish tranlation?

The project in question supports the Mozilla products Firefox(tm) and Thunderbird(tm). The project is the only officially reconised private organization by Mozilla and we have our own licences for the use of third party plug-ins such as flash etc.

Currently we have quite an extensive set up of translations/translators and cover quite a lot. I'd really like to see the project translated to Irish as well. It's totally voluntary and is a non-commercial enterprise. If anyone is interested then contact me via pm please.

You can visit the main site to have a look at what we do @ www.firemonger.org

My idea is that this would ideally suit a school i.t. project as it does incorparate having a reasonably good base knowledge of ftp/html coding. html coding is to the latest standards as set out by W3C Worldwide Web Consortium. This means you would need a working knowledge of xhtml/css. We do not accept standards below this (and certainly not html 4.0), assitance and help is available if required.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,731 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Firefox has been translated to Irish for an incredibly long time, officially by mozilla.org; and Thunderbird is being worked on - so thats the two core components done. Theres very, very few competant Irish translators around, and most of the ones who are working in opensource are already involved in Mozilla/OpenOffice/KDE/GNOME - advice would be to find their Irish language mailing lists and contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭smeggle

MYOB wrote:
    Firefox has been translated to Irish for an incredibly long time, officially by mozilla.org; and Thunderbird is being worked on - so thats the two core components done. Theres very, very few competant Irish translators around, and most of the ones who are working in opensource are already involved in Mozilla/OpenOffice/KDE/GNOME - advice would be to find their Irish language mailing lists and contact them.

How interesting! I was totally unaware and have been having a lot of trouble getting this done. Many thanks for your advice. If you know of anyway to contact them I'd appreciate it...

thanks again :)

Advertisement