Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bands are you getting into at the moment?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mist

The Beatles
    Velvet Revolver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hopeless

Got some Jimmy Eat World songs and was really surprised that I heard and liked most of their stuff before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

speedking,dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

opeth fu(king opeth... blackwater park is the best album ive ever heard

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silenoz

FinnMetal is the way to go for the moment...
    Listening to a lot of Children of Bodom, Sonata Arctica and Manitou.

Apart from the usual dose of Scandanavian metal, I'm quite impressed by a few Killswitch Engage songs I found, i.e. "Soilburn" at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

im really getting into the band yes at the moment!!!!!
    fragile is a classic album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Pelican, Neurosis and a few others.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

I've been getting into Rush this past week. I got 2112 on Sunday and loved it so much that I've now got six of their albums. And todays only Thursday!

I can't believe it's taken me so long to listen to them, seeing as how I consider myself quite the prog freak. I've always heard them pimped but never got around to actually getting an album. To anyone else in the same position as I was, 2112 is a good place to start. It's considered their first true classic album in a string of pearlers. The twenty minute title track takes up the first half of the album (or one side of the record as it were) and to tell you the truth I wish it was longer! Without doubt one of the most amazing extended pieces I've heard. Pieces of it will thrill you and take you by surprise no matter how many times you listen to it. Class.

The rest of the album (or other side) consists of five 3 minute numbers, all of which are excellent cuts, particularly the dark "Twilight Zone" and the storming anthemic album closer "Something For Nothing".

After you absorb this one, I'd suggest picking up Hemispheres, then Permanent Waves (This is where elements of new wave start to creep in, with surprisingly great results) and then what many critics consider their masterpiece, Moving Pictures (I prefer 2112). That way you're moving chronologically, and can hear the band evolving.

If you're hooked make sure to pick up the live album Rush In RIo from a couple of years ago too. It's up there with UFO's Strangers In The Night as being one of the best hard rock live albums of all time. 3 discs of pure gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Well as I have neglected them totally so far:
    At The Drive In
    Dream Theater

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

always had a soft a spot for them, but i've really been getting back into Sabbat. andy sneap rules and martin walkyier's voice and lyrics are SO good!

their albums are quite hard to find, but search and ye shall find them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

gettin into a progressive metal band from texas called power of omens

really good music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

i've found a band called 'July for Kings'.
    American rock kinda thing, but had a good debut album!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nirina

Well i listen to Evanescence, Good Charlotte, The Rasmus, Linkin Park & Nightwish a lot. I love them all, but i think Ev or GC tops them all!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

linkin park & GC Rock!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nirina

kkposse wrote:
    linkin park & GC Rock!! :D
    yaeh!!! i very much agree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭THEZAPPA

always had a soft a spot for them, but i've really been getting back into Sabbat. andy sneap rules and martin walkyier's voice and lyrics are SO good!

their albums are quite hard to find, but search and ye shall find them :D

thanks,ill just get them off you!ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 WweHardyV2

I'm listening to some Iron Maiden and Cradle of Filth!!

Also System of a Down rule!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

hmmmm Avenged Sevenfold and Lamb of God sooooo good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I've been gettin into Lamb Of God aswell...i love Now you've got something to die for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

The last few weeks have been the new Black Dahlia Murder ( Miasma, Death metal with a sense of humor :D ) Extol's new one ( cant recall the name atm ) and Vivaldi's four seasons ( Jaap Van Zweden ).
    Whoever was on about Theory in Practice..yeah they rock, although sometimes it's technical wankery more than good music.

• Advertisement
Advertisement