Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recover Lost Digital Images

Options
  • 24-07-2005 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My digital camera seems to have lost all the images on its memory card. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could go about recovering these myself. I have tried a few things on the web that are supposed to recover them but they want the camera to appear as a drive so they can go searching it. The problem is that my camera appears in the Scanners and Cameras section of My Computer and these programs do not seem to be able to pick it up.

Advice greatly apprecitated.

PS Not sure if this is the correct place to post this either??!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

have u a card reader???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

jcoote wrote:
    have u a card reader???

No I just plug the camera in via a USB cable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Thas why its picking it up in the wrong section, its reading the hardware of the camera and seeing it as just that. A card reader is recognised as a drive and worth getting if this is a big problem for you.

Rhyme wrote:
    Thas why its picking it up in the wrong section, its reading the hardware of the camera and seeing it as just that. A card reader is recognised as a drive and worth getting if this is a big problem for you.

Okay, where would I get one of them, and how much would they set me back? Do you reckon it is easy enought to recover them then when I have a card reader?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

dead cheap here ...i have an all in one printer/scanner job and that has one on it...u may have totally deleted tham for good so u may never get em back but a card reader will help if they are recoverable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

But if its a physical purchase you require, 'Cons Camera's' just off Grafton Street can probably accomodate you

Thanks for the help guys

Advertisement