Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make tattoo a bit original

Options
  • 24-07-2005 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

This is a tattoo (best one we've found) of a lion that a certain somebody would like to have on his chest.Actually he really thought to have it on his arm, but I think it would look odd...Anyway, obviously someone on this planet already has it, so in what way do you think it could be modified to make it a bit different?but the same, if you know what I mean!
    By the way, it is a hairy chest, but not too hairy, just right.And the lion facing the other way is not the answer!

Helpful hints required!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Best thing to do is get a load of nature pics and find the lion in the correct pose he'd like then get the tattooist to draw it from the photo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Maybe change it so the lion's showing his teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Well maybe, but then it would look like a nasty lion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Amazingemmet hit the nail on the head, find an artist who can draw and bring them in a photo of a lion in a similar pose.
    It is bad form to rip off peoples tattoos and any artist worth his salt will only look at someone elses tattoo to get ideas and then find a source of the pic themselves, then there are of course the lazy ones, but you dont really want one of them working on you do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

If you're any good at drawing freehand yourself you could try redrawing the same picture (not tracing it)

There's bound to be a few differences and it's more likely to be in a style you like...

If you're not good at freehand ask a mate who is or, as others have suggested, ask a tattoo artist and tell him/her exactly how you want it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

a horrible image came into my head of someone getting the MGM logo tattood. not jus teh lion. the whole logo... eeew

Well, you are all right - it is bad form to rip off someone elses tattoo,and it will not happen, but that lion is the only one that comes close to what we are looking for. I have googled lion to death and not come up with anything.None of us can draw, so I suppose we are stuck for the time being!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

How about stylising it a bit? Most people that draw have a certain style. Mine is kinda sharp, yet loose. Stuff like that. It may look real interesting, but could deviate from the original picture a bit more than desired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

just try drawing something - even just a rough sketch, and see what turns out. also, go to the various tattoo studios around town and look through the books of designs they have. there's usually plenty of designs on display or in books wherever yo go - maybe pick up some ideas there...

What with not having drawn anything since art class for the leaving way back I decided to try and re-draw it to "hone my skills" but came up with something almost the exact same as the original picture...

Anyways here's my attempt... not very original... click

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

get a tiger or something same idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lynz161

How about you change around the mane? maybe define it more, that cud luk gud! :)

steveland? wrote:
    What with not having drawn anything since art class for the leaving way back I decided to try and re-draw it to "hone my skills" but came up with something almost the exact same as the original picture...

Anyways here's my attempt... not very original... click

Bloody hell!!! Very very good!!!!

mayordenis wrote:
    get a tiger or something same idea

Erm, if a lion was the same as a tiger, it wouldn't be a lion!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

You could get the rest of the body drawn on so it goes around towards his ribs. Nipple might get in the way though....

Another way of making and keeping Tattoos original is not chosing one from the book in teh shop.

Use the nipple as the lion's eye :)

all done today!

dragona wrote:
    all done today!

Wanna show us?

dragona wrote:

Turned out pretty sweet. Quite a butch lookin' lion ye got there. But yeah, nicely done.

• Advertisement

acri wrote:
    Turned out pretty sweet. Quite a butch lookin' lion ye got there. But yeah, nicely done.

:) Just to let you know, the lion is on my husbands chest, not mine!!

Advertisement