Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

QUinn Direct renewal -fook up???

Options
  • 24-07-2005 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Right, ive been insured with Quinn Direct for the last year. (1st policy in my own name) Its not up until beginning of September. Anyways, i got a renewal quote from them in the post the other day. The renewal quote, reference no., doesnt match my existing policy ref no.? Is that right,,, i`d imagine the policy no should match the renewal, maybe someone can tell me that from experience.

Also, more worryingly, they have the my car down as a toyota corolla in the renewal, and my car is a completely different make and model. They have all my other details correct, including the 1 yrs no claims bonus ill have (touchwood) come Sept and the value of my car and license type, address, ect...

Ps: my driving test due round late Aug/sept,,, how much does this generally save you. 3/400???? Thanks for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

What exactly do you want here? If they've got a different car listed than the one you want insured then of course there's something wrong for dog's sake. Ring them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

As regards passing the driving test, it knocked 600 of the price of a full year with quinn direct for me.....your milage may vary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭boardsee

I was just looking for some thoughts before I fone them tomorrow.

Also, when i put in my details on their online quote system, saying ive 1yrs NCB, it works out E500 cheaper than the renewal quote they offered me. I used a different name, similar address, and my same age. Robbing feckers. Whats the best way to mention this to them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Definately ring them tomorrow. Sounds like they have screwed up your details with someone elses. You should only get your renewal about 2 or 3 weeks prior to your current policy expiring.

Is the car reg correct on the renewal form? If not then technically the car you drive is not insured. This could have serious implications if you have to make a claim.

Also shop around and see if you can get a better quote somewhere else, don't stick with them just because you are with them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

bazz26 wrote:
    Is the car reg correct on the renewal form? If not then technically the car you drive is not insured. This could have serious implications if you have to make a claim.

Only if the details on your current insurance cert are incorrect would that be true, the renewal details are irrelevant.

They have obviously screwed up, ring them up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Having the full license usually knocks 25% off your premium, or so Im told anyway. It seems to usually work out to around that when messing around with online quote things though too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Oh Boy!

boardsee wrote:
    Right, ive been insured with Quinn Direct for the last year. (1st policy in my own name) Its not up until beginning of September. Anyways, i got a renewal quote from them in the post the other day. The renewal quote, reference no., doesnt match my existing policy ref no.? Is that right

Also, more worryingly, they have the my car down as a toyota corolla in the renewal, and my car is a completely different make and model. They have all my other details correct, including the 1 yrs no claims bonus ill have (touchwood) come Sept and the value of my car and license type, address, ect...

Ps: my driving test due round late Aug/sept,,, how much does this generally save you. 3/400???? Thanks for any feedback.

Sounds like a software feck up. Renewal quotes are automated with Quinn Direct, there is no human input involved! It saves labour costs, but like all software, bugs can appear and things like what happened to you boardsee can (and do!) happen. Also, it's unlikely your renewal quote is ready yet, they're normally issued 15 to 20 working days before renewal. So something is definately amiss!!

If your policy number is also different (The number starting with GEI or GNI), then you more than likely holding someone elses renewal quote, possibly caused by the system getting confused by someone with similar details to yourself. Just ring in and it'll be sorted.

As for a full licence, it very hard to say how much you'll save without knowing how much your new annual premium will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Both my brother and friend are insured with Quinn Direct and past their tests this year - both of them only got €120 back!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

cAr0l wrote:
    Both my brother and friend are insured with Quinn Direct and past their tests this year - both of them only got €120 back!
    isn't €120 better than nothing?

Anyhow, back to the OP - you chose to use Quinn Direct. Had you chosen to search the forum before you took out the policy you would have seen a pattern of warnings emerging - STAY AWAY FROM QUINN.
    Now, just contact them, sort it out and when renewal time comes think twice about using them!

Advertisement