Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Government reform

Options
  • 24-07-2005 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

It saddens me people going to politicians for basic information and then politicians expecting payment by way of a vote. A voter beholden to a TD or county conciller for a piece of basic information is the pits.

Is it not about time for government information be available at post offices and local authority offices.

Going to politicians "clinics" is absurd.

Local Authorities should provide access to such information.

This post is a bit of a rant but It is annoying that in 2005 - public offices don't have very much public information.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

AFAIK Libraries that are run by local authorites store some government information, passport forms and things like that. But i agree it would be nice to have those things available at post offices after all they are state run istitutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saibhne

I agree but out of interest - what kind of information would you like to see made available?

S.

Advertisement