Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rick and Ruth: Rubbish

Options
  • 24-07-2005 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

I wasn't keen on Ryan Tubridy's mix of wit and geekiness but these two are unbearable..

I have to listen to this ****e every morning because I work in a delivery truck and the driver insists on listening to it..

They are so annoying and moronic.. the music is rubbish, expectedly maybe, but it's their stupid bland humour and tabloid style that pee me off.

Also, Ruth Scott is despicable.. "Oh look at me! I'm a ladette!"

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

And he has one of the most annoying voices in radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

Funny Chris Moyles on BBC Radio1 was takin the piss out of this a while back " In ireland they have a DJ whose name is Rick O'Shea." Seriously with a name like that do you expect anything but cack

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bunker

tubridy was alright in a way but rte broke a rule if it aint broken dont fix it.tubridys ratings were getting higher (suppositly) rte obvously thought that the way tubridy and the other guy (o donoghue)? got on it would repeat itself with rick and ruth well ok they werent too bad when they started but it is so thrashy now its unbearable. I remember reading somewhere that rick o shea is from drimnagh in dublin .Where did he get that awful accent from ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

mickd wrote:
    Funny Chris Moyles on BBC Radio1 was takin the piss out of this a while back " In ireland they have a DJ whose name is Rick O'Shea." Seriously with a name like that do you expect anything but cack

The only morning show you'll ever need.
    Where is the Irish version of Moyles? We have loud mouth headcases like him in spades in this country...why aren't they on the radio in the morning?
    Anything but the bland crap we get from this pair and "Demo" (in fairness to Dempsey at least he's consistent).
    I honestly thought monring 2FM couldn't get any worse after Tubridy made the move to RTE R1, but they've suceeded in proving me wrong.

Really feel for the OP; I'm in a similar "captive audience" for the hour's journey to work...mp3 player to the rescue...either that or reach a compromise on what CDs/tapes to stick on...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I enjoyed the Full Irish but ever since Rick and Ruth started I havent listend to it if I can help it.

Their choice on music is complete sh!te. When I get up in the morning the last thing I want is R&B or rap or something but thats what they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Rick O Shea is one of my favourite DJ's but even he cant rescue Ruth. Seriously she has to be the most annoying person in the country. As it is I barely listen to their show but If it was Rick alone I definitely would.

I miss Ryan's show. Does radio 1 come in on FM, if so what frequency?

98.3, 99.7 and some others depending on what transmitter you're receving from.
    Dublin is a hard place to tune it in; from what I've found several of the Dublin radio stations output on it's frequency band and block the weaker signal which is either coming from a transmitter in the North or in Wales.
    If you have Sky digital, I think it's broadcast on the astra satelite, or it's availble to stream online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

its unbearable to listen to-car crash radio (if theres such a thing)

both of them have awful voices & Rick's accent is just ridiculous. Ruths "ladette" act and perma-hoarse throat is grating

I wonder what their ratings are like cos I hope they reflect the true direness of the program

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

We'll know in September, when the next book of JNLR's are published.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Have to agree with everybody, Rick and Ruth are painful. I did enjoy Tubridy, but I felt his cornerstone was Shane O Donoghue:- that man is gifted. Bring on Shane!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

What station is Shane on? What's the best radio show in the morning from 7-9 ish to listen to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Wertz wrote:
    98.3, 99.7 and some others depending on what transmitter you're receving from.
    Dublin is a hard place to tune it in; from what I've found several of the Dublin radio stations output on it's frequency band and block the weaker signal which is either coming from a transmitter in the North or in Wales.
    If you have Sky digital, I think it's broadcast on the astra satelite, or it's availble to stream online.

Lol, I was asking about rte 1, to seek out Ryan Tubridy's new show. But Im an ex Sara Cox addict used to listen to her every morning till whatever pirate station that used to boost her signal in the morning stopped doing it. Getting bbc radio 1 back would be most welcome. Ill check out those frequencys so. Cheers

:o
    RTÉ R1 is on several bands...my local being 95.2
    I disliked Sara Cox immensely...still listened to her show though. The thing she used to do with the old no1's between 9 and 10 was great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

I'm in Maynooth. Have tried to get BBC Radio One but not a hope. Shame, I'd love to have that in the mornings before I go to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Maynooth wrote:
    What station is Shane on?
    Shane does the Weekend Breakfast show on 2fm each Saturday from 7 to 9am and Sunday's from 7 to 10am.
    I listened to it last sunday between 9 & 10 he had some fella called Paddy (can't remember his second name) to review the papers and discuss last weeks news. It was really funny-just like the good old days of the Full Irish with Shane & Paddy imitating Pat Kenny & some british chaps among others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭Genghis

bobmeaney wrote:
    Have to agree with everybody, Rick and Ruth are painful. I did enjoy Tubridy, but I felt his cornerstone was Shane O Donoghue:- that man is gifted. Bring on Shane!

Funny, I always thought Shane was 'mini-Ryan', and not being a big fan of Ryan, therefore even more annoying. I must check out his new show, give hem a chance on his own.

I can't decide, though, if he was more or less aggravating that Paul 'PC' Collins on TodayFM. I think less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Lilly81

Genghis wrote:
    Funny, I always thought Shane was 'mini-Ryan', and not being a big fan of Ryan, therefore even more annoying. I must check out his new show, give hem a chance on his own.

I can't decide, though, if he was more or less aggravating that Paul 'PC' Collins on TodayFM. I think less.

yeah hes annoying i agree. he bugs me.

i love shane o'donoghue. hes great! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I used to love rick o shea in his evening/nighttime slot.
    He played his kind of music, which was cool.
    Now its just bullsh1t with that annoying scott woman from roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I used to listen to Ryan as well, can't bear Rick and Ruth I would rather listen to engine noise. Rick was great on 104 . Possibly he would be better on his own but I dont believe brekkie would be his best slot.They should have given him Gareths slot left Turbridy alone and moved O Callaghan to Marion Finuchans slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Rick didn't want to do the breakfast show at first-he only agreed to do it when he heard that ruth would be joining him (because they were good friends together from their night-time 2fm days). Both of them were at their best when they were on at night, rick especially, because he could play whatever music he wanted and he had "famous for 15 seconds" and "best, worst,weirdest weekend" text-in thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement