Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Road Esso Station at nights

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Starlets are awful cars, have been since the MK1. Civics are grand, if you don't mind driving a car that's common as muck, and nothing special. (Which suits some people fine, no problem here.)

adam

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Main thing i would like is just something for her thats goin to last a while once its given a good service (ie) civic. And by the way my last car was a MkII Starlet and loved her dearly, till some scum bag blew the engine outta her after reving the sh!te outta it:rolleyes:.

Nukem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I drove two MKII Starlets - my mothers - and they were the worst cars I ever drove. Dangerously underpowered, atrocious build quality, boring to look at, and just plain... just... awful!

See? They were so bad they make me speechless. :)

adam

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

dahamsta wrote:

See? They were so bad they make me speechless. :)

Ha Ha you should drive a punto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Angry_Man

DawnMc wrote:
    MC DONALDS IN DOUGLAS -> need I say more?

Agreed.

Used the drive-thru half an hour ago, their were about ten scobes in the carpark gathered around a 49cc Aerox, attempting burnouts. Couldn't get annoyed as it's so damn funny... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 macm

afraid the boy racers won t have a place to stay for very long , the esso station on the western road was sold the other day for 8 million euros. Muskerry Service Station (Esso) along the Western Road, and just across the river from the Jurys redevelopment was sold for a price tag in excess of €8m. The .6 acre site will continue operating as a service station until December 2005 (originally it was scheduled to close and be dismantled in October) - an application is currently being designed on the site. :):):):D

forum discussing architecture & developmetn in cork:

http://www.archiseek.com/content/showthread.php?t=4127&page=13&pp=25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

did anyone ever have a run in with the creepy guy who used to be in prison?

every so often he just refuses to serve and stares at you with those 'it happened in the shower' eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

Atrocity wrote:
    did anyone ever have a run in with the creepy guy who used to be in prison?

every so often he just refuses to serve and stares at you with those 'it happened in the shower' eyes
    Ya one night there last may i was at a house party and at about 5 myself and a buddy decided we wanted fags and cookies, he gave me the fags but said he wasn't walking down that far when asked for the cookies, we argued for a while than just gave up, as we were walking away we saw him walk down as far as the door to bring in the papers not wouldn't you call that odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

macm wrote:
    Muskerry Service Station (Esso) along the Western Road, and just across the river from the Jurys redevelopment was sold for a price tag in excess of €8m

wow, €8 million big ones.. not surprising.. the situation is ideal, so close to town! I bet it's gonna be more apartments..The amount of student accomodation is ridiculous.. the UCC student accomodation buildings are all over the place. Bloody tax incentives.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

8.5 or so I've heard. Not suprising though considering the size of the plot and it's location.

• Advertisement
Advertisement