Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent repair shop?

Options
  • 24-07-2005 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

I have a creative zen Mp3 player, and like a lot of these yokes, the headphone jack is screwed. Its way too flimsy. I've tried soldering it back to its audio points but the damn thing just breaks again :mad:. Anyone know a decent electronics repair shop that might do the necessary? Its pretty frustrating to have 500 quids worth of kit thats banjaxed by a 5 cent part that every cheap walkman manufacturer managed to fit succesfully but not the ****wits at creative.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Why did you just not return it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

because i lost the receipt, and its out of warranty now. Actually ive a sneaking suspicion that when i sent it in for a previous problem. that i never got the receipt back :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

They might still repair it.

i doubt they will after what ive done to the casing :D
    Anyway a little dickie bird in creative has informed me that they're out of replacements for 60gb zens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

What did you do to the casing? You customise it to make it look all purdy or something? Post a pic if you can. I'm intrigued. :)

• Advertisement

emm... sort of *cough* i soldered a hole in the case above the jack because it was hitting off the solder i stuck over it. You cant see it though, as the face plate covers it up.

Now where will i get it repaired?? Answer me mortals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

You based in Dublin? You could always ask in the likes of Peats as I think they used to do a repair service in their shop.

Never thought of them, nice one Soundman. Im probably gonna get another empeetree player anyway but it bugs me that the zen is fully functional except for the jack :mad:

Advertisement