Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Echo Effect" on meteor

• 24-07-2005 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get an severe echo while making/recieving calls on meteor? is it the network or the phone? im using a 6230.

Its so bad sometimes i cant even make out what the other person is saying because im hearing what i say!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am assuming you have not contacted them about this and not given them a chance to fix it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

well im not the only one that suffers from it so i maybe assumed someone else on boards suffers from it and came up with a quik fix? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I used to get that but only when connected to landlines and I was O2.
    Used to just hang up and redial and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Spitfire

I suffered from the same thing and contacted Meteor who were less than helpful. 'Need to try the SIM in another phone and see if the phenomen is the same' I explained that I did not have another phone and they said that they couldnt help.
    Very unhappy with Meteor's Customer service. Either you cannot get through or get no help when you eventually do get through.

BTW I still suffer intermittently from the same problem. I'll change networks and that will sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

This is from a hazzy memory from about 3 years ago..

Its a similar problem to crossed lines and is do with how your radio slot has been configured on the radio network. I don't have the technical knowledge to explain it or even understand it to be honest..

Call them and tell them your are experiencing crossed lines and are hearding other peoples conversations.. This will get them to escalated it to their Radio dept who will tinker with your config..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Yeah I still get it, had a v620, and the echo was pretty bad on it sometimes when receiving calls both from landlines and mobiles. Got a call from a friend last night on 6230i and the echo was still there but not so bad!..

silas wrote:
    Yeah I still get it, had a v620, and the echo was pretty bad on it sometimes when receiving calls both from landlines and mobiles. Got a call from a friend last night on 6230i and the echo was still there but not so bad!..
    What network are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Im on Meteor, for the last two months or so!

Has it only happened on meteor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I have had it now and again on O2...the worst time was when I had a telephone interview for a job! Very annoying...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I get the same thing with my 6230i on meteor. Happens quite regularly and is very annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

got it on o2 & on vodafone a few times...

It happens a LOT on Orange in London!

Advertisement