Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choosing a bike.

Options
  • 24-07-2005 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have been looking around for racing bikes lately and i need some advice. Not being from a biking background i'm not sure if these bikes are of good quality. The bikes a have been looking at are the Visp Pro5 and Pro6. here are links to the specs:

http://www.visp-sports.com/product/90/477/263 = pro5

http://www.visp-sports.com/product/90/477/649 = pro6

I'd be using it to get to and from college and also (mainly) for training to build up for triathalon.

Personaly i like the the disc breaks on the pro6 and prefere the look of the pro5.

Not knowing what the advantages or disadvantages of the Visp bike are, i'd appreciate your advice.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I've never heard of the "Visp" brand before. What are the prices on the two bikes? Where would you be getting it? Disc brakes aren't necessary on the road. They'll also make the bike stand out more which isn't good if you're commuting to college on itl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TheJester

thanx for quick reply Morgan.

"Qentis" is written on the frame, if that helps. :confused:

I'd be picking it up on ebay. Buy it now price is 400euro but in the auction i could probably get it for about 200-270euro.

Thanx for the advice on the disc breaks.

any advice on a bike that you think might suit my needs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

disk brakes will be, as said, completely unnessacary.

I worry about bikes that are too flash looking tbh. In that price range especially - where money is being spent on looks rather than components.

Advertisement