Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jurassic Park

• 24-07-2005 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭

I know tons of people loved the first one, all time classic, a good few liked the second one, but the third one was a disappointment, do you think they should make a fourth one? cause they never elaborated what happened on site A, maybe they should just leave it, but i think if they could come up with a good story, part four we defo be eqaul, or at least as good as, one and two.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

i think if they could come up with a good story, part four we defo be eqaul, or at least as good as, one and two.

Historical evidence would suggest that once a movie series goes bad, it never recovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Yeah, tis a pitty i thought part one was sooo cool when it was came out. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Historical evidence would suggest that once a movie series goes bad, it never recovers.

batman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

RuggieBear wrote:
    batman?

Good point there RuggieBear.

And to answer the OP. No, Jurassic Park should only ever have been a once off.

yeah, it was great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tbh....i just love dinosaurs. Any film with them, i'll watch and enjoy :o:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

i liked the third one more that the second one but it was'nt anywhere near as good as the first one.

i would love to see a number 4, just as long as spielberg is back directing and most of the original cast are back.

RuggieBear wrote:
    tbh....i just love dinosaurs. Any film with them, i'll watch and enjoy :o:D

same here and i'm looking forward to kong kong in december

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

i was totally blown away by king kongs kewlness.. i read it in total film and empire and wasnt impressed it wasuntil i saw a trailer that made me cream my pants

weird choice for jack black dontcha think?

and on the JP series.. i actually enjoyed them all

i tend to hate the films that most people love aka hollywood films i kinda tend to steer clear cuz theres never anything new

but that being said i saw mean creak and thats ****in deadly but thats a budget film and totally different

your average joe wouldnt see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Kennington

What are you all talking about? Jurassic Park 3 was much better than the Lost World

• Advertisement

MEH, the first one owns the hardest, even if they all sucked id still love em, ive had a dino feetish since i was 6 :o lost world was ok, but can anyone explain how EVERY member of the boats crew had been chewed on when the rex didnt get free until AFTER the bodies were found? and even if the rex was supposed to have done it, hes to big to get into all those rooms and cabins!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

RuggieBear wrote:
    batman?

As Christopher Nolan has said the new Batman movie has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the original batman series so its a totally different series and so doesnt count.

JP should have been a once off. Look for King Kong if you want a good movie that has dinosaurs in it

can anyone explain how EVERY member of the boats crew had been chewed on when the rex didnt get free until AFTER the bodies were found? and even if the rex was supposed to have done it, hes to big to get into all those rooms and cabins!!

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

anyone?

good point man

maybe they were all sunning themselves on the deck and T Rex being the agile ****er that he is snipered him with his l33t sniper rifle

Lmao :d :d i like your style ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was really looking forward to Juarassic Park for ages.. they had teasers out in the cinema over a year before it came out so it was all very exciting.

But I was hugely disappointed by it. This was the day I learned the lesson not to believe the hype about films.

I found the second one almost completely unwatchable. But I did rather enjoy the third film.. does that make me a bad person? I do like my pterodactyls....

anyone?

maybe this was a bit of a hint about the flying dinos being in the third one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

anyone?
    I always put it down to the baby T-Rex on board and left it at that.

I really enjoyed the third one - it seemed to be an actual continuation (or at least an expansion of the story instead of a cheap cash-in. And I enjoyed the atrium bits in the book of the first one, so it was good to see them in some form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I really like the second one, up until the end, I think there was mention of a baby t-rex being on board, but I don't think we ever saw it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i love the first JP - watch it every so often, class movie, everything a summer blockbuster should be imo, hated the following sequels. i heard rumours a while back that they are trying to put a script together for the 4th.

• Advertisement

Just to confirm the infant t-rex was NOT on the boat, it was airlifted off the island, and was already in a protected warehouse in san deigo, (asleep with drugs too,) the only time the infant t-rex is on the boat, and only time it actually kills someone is on the boat at end of movie when it kills the rich, ingen guy, after the male chews his leg :rolleyes: so the dead crew, is still unexplained...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I thought I heard news somehwhere that a fourth one is being made. It will apparently focus on the aquatic creatures of the time. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

There was a very rough script for JP4 on the web a while back. The basics were that the military had combined human and dino DNA and created hybrids as a result. These hybrids + some mercs were then sent onto the original island for some reason!

It sounded dreadful to say the least so I for one am happy the series is extinct :D As for King Kong I must be the only one who is totally not excited about this remake. Yes the effects look great but Iv seen 2 remakes of this movie already so another is just meh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

Thought the 3rd was by far the best. At one stage there was non-stop action for about 30mins through the film. Actually watched this in the cinema and it was brilliant with the big screen and surround sound. Saw the other 2 on tv but to get the full experience the cinema is a must.

or a decent tv, and 5.1 :D a room with black walls, wall monted screen, lazy boy chair, actually, just got to the cinema, its cheaper :rolleyes:

JP4 is definatly do-able, they we never found out what happened on site A the park, after the first movie, go back to the park could be the place the movie could be set on, and jack up the rating to 15's at least, so it's less kiddie freindly, dont like watching raptors hop on someone, then move it to next scene :o least a BIT of blood. does anyone have any links regarding the supposed 4th movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

i havent seen the 1st one in aaaages (brilliant film BTW) but dont they say that to keep the dinos under control they give them a food or something that if they dont get it (i.e. no scientists left on the island to feed em) they die?

but id love them to go back to the island form JP1, would be cool to see what happened to it.

but at the same time they should stop :D

1st brilliant, 2nd, meh, 3rd, watchable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Watched JP1 again this morning. Glad to see it still holds up as a great adventure movie. I just wish Laura Dern and that annoying kid Joey Mazello weren't in it. I would have given it 10/10 otherwise!

As an aside I was actually disturbed to see how similar War of the Worlds was to this movie. It's as tho our friend Senior Spielbergo just lifted entire scenes/sequences from JP1 and unashamedly dumped them in WOTW. Lazy lazy stuff!

Yeah, the kids are thrown in to entertain, that right, the kids, all the movies were PG so they could make more money, if the movies had a 15 rating, at least we would have seen some blood at least, more action would have been nice, class movie though, all 3 are sweet on 5.1 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement