Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Innocent Smoothies

• 24-07-2005 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Help me. Im addicted to Innocent Smoothies. They are so so nice.

BUT.. At over a fiver a litre, they are a bit on the steep side!!
    Are the Own Brand anyway as nice?

I wish the innocent ones were cheaper, they'd clean up! So many people I know dont buy them because they are a bit of a rip off.

Me on the other hand.. Im hooked.

Any tips on how to recreate the innocent smoothie at home!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

personally i hate them. smoothies should always be fresh or they turn to muck.

smoothies at home - a blender, banana, yogurt, orange juice is a good base - then add in what you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

ZUMO Smoothies in Dungarvan - Savage stuff, especially the Strawberry Sunrise and Razzumo ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Make your own, ive a smoothie maker.

Banana/Ice/Natural Yoghurt + selection of fruit

Nicest one is

Banana/Ice/Natural Yoghurt/BlueBerrys/Rasperrys/Pineapple/OJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 marcowil

I agree, make your own - they are much cheaper and nicer!

I made a large amount last weekend and used an empty (resealable) OJ carton to store the remainder overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

What are smootie makers like - do they break the ice up well? I use a blender to make my smooties and use frozen berries instead of ice since since the blender won't break the ice up...i'd like to try different fruits...I've never bought an innocent smootie cos i think they're too dear...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭super123

Yes smoothies makers crush the ice. I have one at home but dont use it that much any more.

Zumo Very Berry does me for a Sunday Breakfast every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I make smoothies at home every morning, and I love them. But I find the shop bought ones, even Zumo and the like, to be very sweet. The ones I make at home are far creamier and not as sweet.

I had apple and peach this morning, which was lovely. I'd normally have apple and strawberry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

dudara wrote:
    I make smoothies at home every morning, and I love them. But I find the shop bought ones, even Zumo and the like, to be very sweet. The ones I make at home are far creamier and not as sweet.

I had apple and peach this morning, which was lovely. I'd normally have apple and strawberry.

Do you put yoghurt or milk in them? The innocent ones are pure fruit as far as I can gather, no yoghurt mixed in.

How do you make yours? Im gonna give it a shot later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stiletto

innocent smoothies are soo yum- i had a friend who emailed some woman in like their offices - it was like a bull**** email messing about how he had like some fictional character comming over to lunch and he'd really like them to try innocent smoothies and loadsa ****e like that- it wasnt really very funny however the woman must have had an equally **** sense of humour or been really bored- cus she emailed back and then 2weeks later he got a delivery of a boz of like 20 small bottles of all different flavours - he was my best friend that week i drank about a third of them hehe :D

Guys if anyone is thinking of getting a smoothie maker forget Argos and head over to Roches Stores - I got mine for €20 cheaper in Roches!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

tk123 wrote:
    Guys if anyone is thinking of getting a smoothie maker forget Argos and head over to Roches Stores - I got mine for €20 cheaper in Roches!! :)

Cool :) Hey... when you read the innocent carton it says it includes "pressed apples".

How dya recreate that using a smoothie maker? Just peel the apple first and then stick it in the blender!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Trotter wrote:
    Cool :) Hey... when you read the innocent carton it says it includes "pressed apples".

How dya recreate that using a smoothie maker? Just peel the apple first and then stick it in the blender!?

If you just pop it in the blender you will just end up with apple mush, you really need a centrifugal juicer to extract the juice.
    Either that or you can make up a small press (a lot of work) with a wooden frame and using muslin squeeze out the juice that way.

Me and the smoothie maker have been getting on fine but i've got one problem - I can't get the bottom to unscrew-it's stuck!! Any suggestions??

Advertisement