Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband down?

• 24-07-2005 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

If had no service from eircom broadband since about 6 yesterday. Can anyone tell me if the service is down and if so does anyone know when it'll be back? Also is there any alternative way to use broadband (eg use a different number etc)?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If had no service from eircom broadband since about 6 yesterday. Can anyone tell me if the service is down and if so does anyone know when it'll be back? Also is there any alternative way to use broadband (eg use a different number etc)?

Cheers!

It is not down generally - have you tried restarting your modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

Working fine. No problems.

Anyone have problems losing their connection at all. The odd time I seem to lose it for a few seconds and then it reconnects itself. Wonder if its a problem with the connection to the wireless router or if its something else. Very annoying if in the middle of Battlefield and you get kicked out and then can't get back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭onlyoneronaldo

dub45 wrote:
    It is not down generally - have you tried restarting your modem?

is that just turnin it off for a minute and turning it back on? cos if so, i have done that. My uncle who lives about 1 mile away has no broadband either. I'm in Louth btw

is that just turnin it off for a minute and turning it back on? cos if so, i have done that. My uncle who lives about 1 mile away has no broadband either. I'm in Louth btw

Sounds like there may be a local problem then best get on to Eircom. Usually it is best to leave it off for a couple of minutes anyways. Is the adsl light showing up on the modem>

Lister1 wrote:
    Working fine. No problems.

Anyone have problems losing their connection at all. The odd time I seem to lose it for a few seconds and then it reconnects itself. Wonder if its a problem with the connection to the wireless router or if its something else. Very annoying if in the middle of Battlefield and you get kicked out and then can't get back in.

Clicksilver users have been complaining of this sort of problem off and on for ages now and it seems to be quite prevalent at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭onlyoneronaldo

dub45 wrote:
    Sounds like there may be a local problem then best get on to Eircom. Usually it is best to leave it off for a couple of minutes anyways. Is the adsl light showing up on the modem>

the DSL Traffic light is not coming on but the DSL Sync like is coming on a few times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Cheers!

call them they have node managmentsystem and can detect all lines/nodes with problems !

Advertisement