Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HHhmmm ho-hum....UCAS

Options
  • 25-07-2005 4:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

HHHhhmmm(carry on from title)

LC exams really didn`t go real for weird personal reasons. I applied to UCAS and got a conditional offer. I know I will be repeating the LC as I did not do all the exams and thus no way will I meet the requirements of the conditional offer.

What I want to know is, if I (which I would like to do) apply to UCAS for 2006 while I`m repeating will I be likely to get the same conditional offer on the course I want considering I did not finish the leaving cert?. Or will they just look at the ng`s and think "idiot". I have accepted the co, if I cancel it now and apply next year would I get away with not putting 2005 results down?, they may have my info on file, I really don`t know. Is there any guidance counsellor helpline or website?. Feeling quite ****ty about everything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Call up the admissions office of the university that made you the conditional offer, explain the situation, and see what they say. They might work out something whereby they'll look at the grades you got on the subjects you did do, or probably just make a note of why the offer fell through and tell you to apply next year. If you just cancel now and re-apply next year and don't put down this year's results but put down that you're taking exams in '06, there shouldn't be any problem with that, but probably best to call up the university at this stage, to get it sorted out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

If you didnt turn up for the exam then i dont think you get an NG, afaik it just wont show up on the certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Only exams you actually sat are included with your results. I had registered to do geography, realised in april/may I didn't need it and so didn't sit the exam. No mention of it with the results. You should ring the university though, I'm sure you're not the first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I rang them and explained the situation. I decided to withdraw from ucas this year with the intention of applying for 2006 while repeating. I was given the option of writing a letter to the revalent department explaining why I hadn`t completed the lc(did 3 out of 6 exams) and that they would take it into consideration. I didn`t go down this route as part of the co is to obtain a b in chemistry and biology, I did not do the chemistry exam and felt that it wouldnt really work. Was it stupid of me to withdraw from ucas?. When I apply in 2006 I will still have to send in a letter 2/3 weeks before my application to state that I am applying again and why I didn`t comlete the lc.

They were nice and helpful. Thanks to those who replied.

Advertisement