Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage broker needed

Options
  • 25-07-2005 8:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a mortgage broker at the moment because I'm re-mortgaging. Can anyone recommend a one? I'm looking at going with simplymorgages.ie, has anyone experience of them? Do they give good value for money in comparison with others? Sorry if this has been posted before, if it has, just point me towards whatever thread I should be viewing. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Hey. I will be trading as a broker in 6-8 weeks if you want to hold off til then.

The value for money aspect should be the same accross the board, most should do it free of charge as we get reasonably compensated from the financial institution with which your mortgage is organised.

I would of course be free of charge. If you want any more details pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Hey. I will be trading as a broker in 6-8 weeks if you want to hold off til then.

The value for money aspect should be the same accross the board, most should do it free of charge as we get reasonably compensated from the financial institution with which your mortgage is organised.

I would of course be free of charge. If you want any more details pm me.

Thanks midget lord but I had a bad experience going with an independant broker before so would rather go with an established institution with a track record if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Can recommend Liam Ferguson (www.ferga.com) - Offered the best deal on both the mortgage and life assurance. Did all the basics - returned calls/emails & did his share of the paperwork on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

Despatch wrote:
    Thanks midget lord but I had a bad experience going with an independant broker before so would rather go with an established institution with a track record if possible.

I am an IFG agent so established, yet independent. Anyways, remember that fee issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Eurorunner wrote:
    Can recommend Liam Ferguson (www.ferga.com) - Offered the best deal on both the mortgage and life assurance. Did all the basics - returned calls/emails & did his share of the paperwork on time.

Ok thanks for that, anyone know any others?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

www.rea.ie

They have, or had, someone who used to post on askaboutmoney.com who seemed to know what she was on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

www.firstcredit.ie are good do deals on legal fees

Advertisement