Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from Eircom to Smart

• 25-07-2005 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I applied for the Samrt BB and this morning i got a call to say that I would have to ring eircom 1) to ask them to cancel my existing service and 2) a second call to technical support asking them when the dsl signal would disappear from the line.

This seems a little cumbersome to me so i was wondering has anyone else had any experience in the switch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

i'm still waiting since MARCH!!! live in Dublin City Center which is and has been live supposedly for a looong time, they wont change people over till after their day in court with Eircom so they tell me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

My own experience is here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=282292

Check it out, you will wait but it is worth it, get utv trial in the meantime or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

gibo_ie wrote:
    i'm still waiting since MARCH!!! live in Dublin City Center which is and has been live supposedly for a looong time, they wont change people over till after their day in court with Eircom so they tell me....
    Gibo_ie,

What exchange are you on? There are live exchanges in Dublin City Centre, with customers trafficking. If you are in a live exchange (see my signature below) you will have to accept a new telephone number at present.

Garfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Yes, there are exchanges live and people 'trafficking'. Now what about this stupid switchover process?

Ring your provider, chase them, get a date from them, tell us, and we'll get you hooked up in 10-12 days after eircom accept. And internet access will be out how long??

Are Smart only persuing new BB customers? Because switchover is a mess. Granted it's probably a regulator issue, but Smart should be pushing at that door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭GarfieldConnoll

flav0rflav wrote:
    ...but Smart should be pushing at that door.
    Pushing.

Garfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What happend in the first smart vs eircom court day a couple of weeks ago anyway? Any movement one way or the other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭romperstomper

So let me get this straight. I was a customer of Eircom until yesterday when I rang them to say cancel my broadband. It is now off. I rang smart back to say that the DSL residual signal would be on the line for 48 hours so after that they are free to put me on their system. Are people here saying from experience that i will have to wait weeks to get online??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭lardboy

Yup, that's about it. If it's already off, you'll be blacked out for a while now. I was out for around 4 weeks total, but am now live on Smart, and loving it. It was a painful wait, but it's worth it, I promise you.

Advertisement