Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6680 help

Options
  • 25-07-2005 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am considering purchasing a nokia 6680. However I am an o2 customer and to be honest, im not happy about changing to Vodafone. My Q is; if I am not happy with vodafone, can i get the 6680 unlocked and return to o2 with the 6680 when o2 launches their 3g network? I am unsure about this because as far as I know, the 6680 can't be unlocked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I'd ring 1907 (Vodafone) cust care and ask them what you need to do to unlock the 6680 if you were to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

I think that o2 are not providing 3g services in ireland yet, so you may have difficulty getting the phone to work on the 2g o2 network

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

yeah atm vodafone are the only ones offering 3g networking so u would have to swap to vdafone...just go with them for a few months til o2 catches on

just rang 1907 myself out of curiousity....no problem with vodafone unlocking the phone but they just have to get the proper codes direct from Nokia which will take anything up to 5 days. I'm a pay monthly customer so not sure what the status would be with pay as you go....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

but u can't use the 3g stuff so just get a 6600 less hassle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

jcoote wrote:
    just go with them for a few months til o2 catches on

Yeah thats what i intend to do if I am not happy with vodafone. So would the 6680 work properly on the o2 network when they launch their 3g service?

BTW thanks for calling 1907 ruggiebear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

jcoote wrote:
    but u can't use the 3g stuff so just get a 6600 less hassle

Not really....I'm using 6680 on Meteor Pay as you go, great phone, light years better then the 6600 (Which I had previously)

Lovely features, like the flash, dual cameras, Video editing software built into the phone, the 1.3 MP camera, etc...

So even if you not using 3G (Which I amn't, not bothered with it), its a lovely phone with a lot of improvements on both the 6600 and the symbian platform in general...

Not really....I'm using 6680 on Meteor Pay as you go, great phone, light years better then the 6600 (Which I had previously)

Lovely features, like the flash, dual cameras, Video editing software built into the phone, the 1.3 MP camera, etc...

So even if you not using 3G (Which I amn't, not bothered with it), its a lovely phone with a lot of improvements on both the 6600 and the symbian platform in general...

i agree....fantastic phone.

tbh who the hell can afford to use the 3g stuff.... the ****ing price of it is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

#15 wrote:
    Hi, I am considering purchasing a nokia 6680. However I am an o2 customer and to be honest, im not happy about changing to Vodafone. My Q is; if I am not happy with vodafone, can i get the 6680 unlocked and return to o2 with the 6680 when o2 launches their 3g network? I am unsure about this because as far as I know, the 6680 can't be unlocked?
    Are you talking about billpay or RTG?

Advertisement