Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tim Cahill rejects new Everton contract

• 25-07-2005 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/LIST.ASP?HLID=294139
    Tim Cahill has turned down the offer of a new contract at Everton.

The Australian international was a sensation for The Toffees last season and was one of the main factors in them being able to clinch fourth place in The Premiership.

Despite only joining from Millwall last summer, Everton have moved to try and tie Cahill down to a longer-term deal.

However, the midfielder - who bagged 11 goals in his debut campaign - has shunned the offer from Goodison chiefs.

"I was keen to commit my future, but it seems that won't be possible," said Cahill.
    Bit of a blow for Everton, he was without a doubt their best player last season. I wonder how long he'll stay, or if he's just holding out for a bit more money.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him at United to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

poor poor everton, they're having one hell of a tough time this summer..... loads of money, and can't even get their players to stay... never mind new ones to come in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

That's a bit of an odd quote from him. Either he's looking for more money or maybe he's heard of interest from another club and he'd prefer a move. Has been a very good player for them since his move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Now that'd be a signing I'd be happy with United making.
    That said, it has been a very tough transfer window for Everton.
    I thought they might even get Graveson back now that he is clearly surplus to requirements and replaced.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Its hard to know whats reallly going on there but as usual I would say its a money issue. Does anyone know how long he has left on his current deal? One thing is for sure there will be plenty of takers if Everton decide to sell him.

Gotta feel bad for Everton they are having a horrible summer and I wouldnt be surprised if they dont Qualify for the champions League proper and end up in the UEFA cup. They are unseeded remember so will likely get a tough draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

He still has 3 years left on his current deal, so there's plenty of time for Everton and himself to reach a new agreement. However his quotes this morning are bound to unsettle all parties concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Yeah there's 3 years left on his deal. It sounds to me that if he's going to sign a longer term deal that he'll be looking for bigger money that what he was obviously offered..

If you're going to commit your best playing years at this early stage of his career by signing a 5 year deal, you'd want to be well compensated.

Its no more than a hold out for more money... and I hope he gets it.

In Moyes We Trust :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I reckon Moyes would offer him very good wages if he could.. Its whether the clubs plans for the next few years include restrictions on wages that may be the issue here...

And that would suck..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

He has 3 years left, I don't blame him for not committing himself any further, anything could happen in the next 3years (just look at Everton's last 3 seasons). That said, I hope he extends next summer

I think Everton wanted to secure him early, and cheap. We've had a lot of trouble signing up our out of contract players. I was sorry to see Watson go, he was useful (and versatile) But Pisto's back since Leche deal fell through. I'm surprised nobody's picked up Stubbs, i'd like to see us improve our offer to him, he's a local boy, and an Everton fan, so I'm sure he'd prefer to stay given a half decent offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Gosh that's a disaster for Everton. They really deserve world class players to some to their club and now one of their few world class players is apparently on the way out. You've gotta doubt whether they will even qualify for the group stages Champions League at this stage

Advertisement