Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main Page Posts

Options
  • 25-07-2005 12:46pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick request regarding the main page.

I use the 'New Posts' function quite a lot just to see whats up. The same type of info comes up on the main page with one difference, and that being the =newpost switch. I find this a tad annoying as you could be reading into a thread from the start, but if the page isn't fully loaded, it keeps bouncing back to the bottom. Would it be possible to have the main page links the same as the 'New Posts'?

I realise i could be in the minority here, so disragard if you thinks its a little on the pedantic side. Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

If I'm following a long thread I find it much better to make use of the newpost switch so I'm not going back over stuff I've already read. If the page is bouncing around you should probably wait for it to load fully before starting to read. The "New Posts" page has the newpost switch too, but you need to click the little downward arrow to get that link.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I suppose what i was looking for is the same functions as the 'New Posts' on the main page, but its no biggie, i'll just stick with http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?do=getnew as my homepage.

Advertisement