Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL inner joins

Options
  • 25-07-2005 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

Is there any logical reason why an inner join with multiple tables that was working perfectly well on one server (PHP / MySQL / Linux) is now not working on another server (PHP / MySQL / Linux)

It's working on the webhosting company's server but not on my local box -- exact same code / sql dump etc.

It wouldn't be anything to do with the version of MySQL or anything?

It's wrecking my head at the moment!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Ivan Dunaev

<i>now not working on another server</i>

error(s)?
    different results? how different?
    else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

On the new server it's throwing up an SQL syntax error... but the exact same SQL works on the old server -- no problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

colm_c wrote:
    It wouldn't be anything to do with the version of MySQL or anything?
    Probably.

OF course, without the SQL in question, and the version-numbers of the two servers....its unlikely anyone can give you much more helpful info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

INNER JOIN only became useful in MySQL version 3.23.17 (i.e. it accepted a join condition for the first time in this version). Check your MySQL version on the new server and make sure it's at least the same as the version above.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Its also possible that a table name or something which was valid in an earlier version has become a reserved word in a newer version....which could also lead to bad things happening (although I'd be surprised if it was only one statement that was being effected)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

Yeah it was the MySQL version alright...

I've upgraded to the same version as the web hosting company.

Thanks guys.

Advertisement