Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Phone?

Options
  • 25-07-2005 1:33pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My contract with O2 is due up at the end of the month. I'm going to go back to Vodafone cause I'm not due an upgrade with O2.

I have my eye on 3 phones.

Nokia 6230i
    Nokia 6680
    Sony Eircson V800

If it was available on Vondafone now I'd go for the 6230i straihgt away. Was told by the people in the Vodafone shop in Liffey Valley that it would be on sale on the 1st of Sept (no price given. can any one think how much it might cost?)

Cant see my self using 3G (except for the free stuff!) but the 1.3mega pixel sounds good!

Getting a PSP in sept as well so was also thinking of the V800 but this phone is nearly a year old (I think!) so not sure about it.

Was just wondering what phone people would get and why

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I guess it depends on exactly what you want in a phone...

...I have the 6680, using it 2g on Meteor. Beautiful phone, vastly superior to either of the other 2 you have mentioned imo.

I have no intention whatsoever of ever going 3g with my 6680, but its still a fantastic phone, loads of features and being symbian, there are thousands of applications and games available for it.

I suppose the 6230i is the one for you if you aren't big into the features or such of a given phone, but if it is features, performance and software you want, the 6680 is the only way to go...

The v800 and 6230i are great as well though, the 6230i in particular if you just want a plain nice stylish phone thats not too heavy. V800 is a bit big, I'd say the worst of the 3, but not a bad phone by all means

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

I have had an upgrade with vodafone for the last 6 months and still have not used it because there are no phones that would make me want to buy a new one. Would like to get a k750i or would consider getting the 6680, its only €119 on the website with upgrade so its not a bad price. What I was thinking of doing was buying the 6680 and then selling it and using the money to buy the k750i as there is no word of it coming out on any irish network yet.

Out of all them phones you mention I would probably pick the 6680, but would consider waiting for the k750i, because if its only the camera that you are interested in, and you think you wouldn't use 3G very much, then the k750i would probably be better for you as it has a 2MP camera.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

k750i looks like a savage phone but its savage expensive. Something like €250 I was told in the Vodafone shop! I'm dont really want to pay that kind of money for a phone. Cant really afford too.

The 6680 looks very nice if just a tad bit to big. I had a Nokia 6260 (The one the can flip and roate) for a while and used applications like the document viewr for looking at bus time tables and stuff like that. What kind of decent applications do you get with the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭digiman

Did they metion when they were expecting to the k750i out?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

He said around Sept as well but that you would have to order it in cause they werent expecting alot of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement