Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Profundis: An Audience with Bill Hughes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gayprojectcork

Please view the following if you would like to see information on this event:

Djembe Drumming at The Other Place

Please view the following if you are interested in the event mentioned

The Other Place Club Nights

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Oi! Muppet! Is there some reason why you need to post 3 seperate threads on this stuff? Threads merged.

Besides €10 is a bit steep considering you're funded by taxpayers and you get free advertising courtesy of the various gay forums around the country. Most of the official pride events are purely volunteer funded and offer free events. €5 is the normal price into the Other Place, I don't see why it should be upped for Pride weekend.

Hi Stark

I'm sorry that there were separate threads done, it wasn't me personally who posted them but a colleague doing me a favour as I'm so busy. However I don't really see the problem in posting 3 different "What's On" type events as 3 different threads either.

As to the price, well, as you can imagine Zrazy, Dolly, Davina, Panti, Veda and Tease and Q&A, as well as Bill Hughes, and tHeartofBeat all come to some considerable price, we actually don't have funding that covers our arts programme I'm sorry to say. Our events for Pride this year are costing more than we are charging for them but as we are a community organisation we do our best to keep our charges to an absolute minimum. For example the cinema, literary and drumming events have a suggested donation (€4 which if everyone paid we would not break even) attached, but is free to all comers - there will be no pushiness.

If you have interests around the arts programming you'd like to discuss by all means drop into me or email me.

Thanks

Liz
    Arts Co-ordinator
    liz@gayprojectcork.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hi Stark

I'm sorry that there were separate threads done, it wasn't me personally who posted them but a colleague doing me a favour as I'm so busy. However I don't really see the problem in posting 3 different "What's On" type events as 3 different threads either.

Because thats not the type of forum this is. This is a discussion forum and we wouldn't like to see the actual interaction between members being drown out through promotion of events. on some LGB forums the main page would have as many as a dozen of these topics all advertising something to the LGB community. Now if similiar threads where posted elsewhere on boards.ie they would be removed, but due to the nature of these events the moderators here are allowed to decide themselves what to do with them. I'd personally rather see all such threads deleted, if a situation arises where they start to outweigh the number of actual discussion threads.

Also you've been asked before to link to your images and not embed them.

• Advertisement

Apologies, issues noted.

Advertisement