Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whether to buy 6680 now or next month

Options
  • 25-07-2005 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I want to get a 6680 phone. I always said i'd never spend over 200 on a phone but i just can't help myself with this one and that €100 deal from vodafone it is too good a deal to pass up. Problem is that the offer is up this Sunday (31st of July). But I can't see them putting the price of the phones back up, the only way they'll go is down. But it's a bit of a risk. So what do people reckon, should I wait till till next week or buy now. It could also be the case that they will extend the offer for another month. I realise 3 are also coming into the equation but I don't think i really want to go to another network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

buy the phone dont open the box
    if the price goes up keep it
    if it goes down get a refund :)

now 5 euros for this advice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

@digitally-yours, that is just brilliant..accept virtual fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

buy the phone dont open the box
    if the price goes up keep it
    if it goes down get a refund :)

now 5 euros for this advice :D

Would this work, ie would the customer be entitled to a refund?
    Excellent idea if it is possible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Depends on how long they keep it for before returning I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

#15 wrote:
    would the customer be entitled to a refund?

No, changeing your mind is not an acceptable reason tfor a refund, its up to the shop however whether they give you one or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 j26

You could always buy online...
    Vodafone operates a returns policy, which is compliant with the Distance Sales Regulations. Subject to you not using any service supplied to you as part of your purchase (e.g. buying a handset and using it to make calls, send text or picture messages, etc) the Goods may be returned for a full refund within 7 days. Further details of the returns policy are supplied on the online ordering page. We can only refund return postage costs if a return is as a result of our error or for the return of defective products. If you are making a return you should print the returns form from the website, complete the form and send it to us with your return. Please note that all returns will be sent to our quality department for testing. Any Mobile Phone, which has been used to avail of mobile services, will not be accepted as a return under the Distance Sales regulations and will be returned to you within 7 working days (this does not affect your statutory rights under the Sale Of Goods Acts).

Read all the terms and conditions before you do to make sure everything is okay.

Just bought the 6680 and it's taking my best not to give into the temptation of opening it. Went into a few shops before I bought it to inquire about the special offer. One told me that there was no offer replacing it, another said that they're would be but they had no details of the offer while a third hinted that the €100 reduction would be replaced by a free bluetooth headset. But i don't know what to believe. Any insiders out that would let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Well a bluetooth headset wouldn't be worth 100e anyway so I'd keep the phone.

Well, couldn't bloody wait. I opened up there round 5. Absolutely amazing phone. Just praying now it doesn't come significantly down in price or i'll be very very annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

good man hope you like it its brilliant phone
    really with some nice features

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement