Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying my own set of clubs

• 25-07-2005 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

Ive decided to finally get my own set of clubs. Ive been using my dads for the last few years on and off and have finally got to a standard where I want to start playing more regularly.

Where is the best place to get them? Internet? Golf shop? Buy and sell?

One other consideration is that Im close to 6'4'' and my mate who is a pretty serious golfer reckons I need longer shafts than average, whats the best way to address this problem? Should I go to McGuirks or something find a set I like and of appropriate length and then go source the same one from the internet or through B&S?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

I went to MCGuirk's and got my self a full set of Spalding Golf Clubs, with Bag and 1 inch longer for 199 Euros, about two months ago.
    I am no pro player or anything just occassional and the clubs are really great.
    am 6'4" myself

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭weeslip

got a set of mizuno mx 17 custom fit for 399, best i could find in ireland or on the net by the time you add P&P and VAT.

Give them a call and ask for Connor, tell him your looking for irons and driver, give him a bit of a speil and he'll sort you out. I dropped the 3/4 irons and added a sw. Just my own choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I bought my RAC irons from McGuirks. Go in and ask have they a set or whatever irons with 1 inch longer shafts. I'm 6ft2 and they are brilliant, best decision i made in golf to get extended shaft.

If you want to save big bucks buy of ebay, safe and cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Thanks lads, defo going to get the longer clubs me thinks.

Advertisement