Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Corsa Trade In Value + Peugeout 307 Opinions

Options
  • 25-07-2005 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Hoping to change my car in the next couple of weeks. What trade in value would i expect to get for a 99 1.2ltr Opel Corsa Eco 52,000 miles P/S CD IMMOB etc

Has anyone any views on the Peugeot 307 01/02.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Avoid early 307's. They were plagued with both electrical and mechanical problems as well as poor build quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

alias no.9 wrote:
    Avoid early 307's. They were plagued with both electrical and mechanical problems as well as poor build quality.

I second that. The sister bought one new in 2002 Caused nothing but trouble. Feul pump went. One door locked up (twice) Loads of troble with the electrics

Saying that I know someone with a 04 and they've had no bit of trouble yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Will 3rd that!!

A relative had a feb 02 307 which had the fusebox pack up 1 week after taking ownership and a subsequent plague of electrical problems following that including problems with central locking and also apart from the electrical side, a very dodgy reverse gear (in that it could be nearly impossible to put it in reverse!) and they felt that the 1.4 was very underpowered, (although it sounds as though the car was very lemonlike!)

Having said that someone else I know has a 03 HDI and not a moments trouble with it, great fuel consumption and overall a happy owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

Thanks for the info on the 307. Think i'ill be reconsidering!! Ford Focus possibly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

samo wrote:
    ... and they felt that the 1.4 was very underpowered ...

Early 1.4L 307's were powered by an old 8 valve motor that was never up to the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Peug 307 2001 to early 2003 had a 1.4 75bhp petrol engine. From late 2003 they had the newer 90bhp 1.4 engine. Made a big difference, I would stay clear of early cars as they were plagued by electrical problems. Most French cars use fiber optic wiring these days which means all the electrics run on the same system hence if you have an electrical problem more than likely it will effect everything. Renault's Megane and Citroen's C5 are also notorious for having these type of problems.

Advertisement