Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reliable garage in Ballinteer for pre NCT service

Options
  • 25-07-2005 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I've been using a garage off the South Circular Road for the past few years, but now that I've moved house I'm looking for somewhere near to where I live in Ballinteer.

Any recommendations? I'm driving a very ordinary 1999 Toyota Avensis, so I don't need a rocket scientist- just a trustworthy mechanic.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

My personal recommendation is that you should skip any pre-NCt work altogether and wait until afterwards. No mechanic will guarantee you that your car will pass the test. My personal experience is that you're better off dealing with fixing what you know is broken rather than your mechanic having to look everwhere.

If you pass, then all you need is a standard service.

If you fail, you do the service and fix whatever failed. If you fail you will have to pay a re-test fee, but it's small. Anyway, I think you could pass that thing one day, and then fail the next with the same car - like the driving test.

Don't know anyone out that neck of the woods, but I would strongly recommend that you get any work done after the test.

Just my tuppence. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Hiya, u might like to give this guy a ring Peter Cunningham Garage 2960477 i've heard they r reliable...
    Cheers

Advertisement