Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silver City

• 25-07-2005 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

i saw the first half and hour. It seemed good, not great but good.
    Chris Cooper, Tim roth, Thora Birch, I saw them but didn't recognise anyone else.

Did anyone see it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

haha

thora birch is in it!?!?!?! very good actress

did u leave through the movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Dick Darlington

Seen it in UGC a week ago, it was a joint thing with the Irish Times with a Q and A with the Director John Sayles afterwards. The Q and A was pretty good and John Sayles seemed very nice and willing to answer anything asked of him.

Th first half of the film is better than the end. Danny Huston is great but Chris Cooper steals the show with his George Bush impression, definitley the highlight of the film. It's pretty good and definitley better than most films in the cinema now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Orange Elephant

Yes StonedParadox i left through the movie. I had to go, i didn't want to.

And Dick Darlington, I saw it in UGC too... if you think it's better than most, I shall go see the rest of it, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

ahh man that sucks go again :D

im deffo going i think after charlie and the choco faco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Awful film when I seen it last night. Actually thought the 2nd half was better with plot more understood than the first half where the dialogue made you scratch your head of what the film was about !

Lots people walked out on it when I was in the UGC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I havent seen it yet but from what I can gather from the ads,it doesn't seem to great.
    But I won't let a teaser make a decision.
    Must take a look at it someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

i thought it was a horrendous film.
    the dialogue was very wooden and didn't make sense in lots of places.
    there were just so many scenes that didn't seem to add anything to the story.

i also HATED the lead character. every single line he spoke was delivered with a stupid grin on his face. i don't know if this was bad acting or bad direction, but someone should be strung up for it!

it seemed very confused about what the morals were supposed to be. was it a treatise on the ill-treatment of immigrant workers? or a showcase of how those in power are hand-picked by business leaders and are puppets of corporations?
    as said before, the only thing that saved it was an excellent Chris Cooper as the the governer.

very poor film i'd give it 2/10.

Advertisement