Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Removing the factory installed radio(Golf)

Options
  • 25-07-2005 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I have a 01 Golf and want to remove the factory installed radio/cas player and install a new cd/mp3 player, can anyone tell me how to easily remove the radio and if there are any problems with installing an oof the shelf player

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

styer wrote:
    I have a 01 Golf and want to remove the factory installed radio/cas player and install a new cd/mp3 player, can anyone tell me how to easily remove the radio and if there are any problems with installing an oof the shelf player

Thanks...
    Well, I personally would try to get a Blaupunkt after market when dealing with VWs. The handy thing about Blaupunkt's (always has been for me anyway) is that the connectors match up with VWs so no cutting and soldering or interface cables are required. If you want something other than Blaupunkt then you should check for interface cable availability otherwise you'll have to cut cables and solder them, which is messy if you're not familar with it.

Blaupunkt also offer some of their range in the same colour scheme as the original, ie blue backlit lcd displays and red leds behind the buttons. It's nice to keep that VW dash blue and red!!

Here's an example or two;

Brighton MP35

San Diego MP35

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

And for Blaupunkt, you'd probably be well advised to check out http://www.bluespot.co.uk/ - never used but have heard them recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Oh I forgot, if you ever wanted to add a CD changer the blaupunkt head units support a nice 5 disc changer that sits in that spare DIN slot under the radio (I think the Golf has this slot, I know the Polo has). The buttons illuminate with the same VW red as the rest of the dash. Otherwise they have the usual 10 disc changer that goes in the boot.

Here it is;

IDC-A 09

A remote control that clips around the steering wheel is also available for all Blaupunkt head units and it's very handy to have;

RC 10

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Lads,

thanks for the advice

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I used Bluespot last week to get a remote for my aftermarket blaupunkt - no worries.

Remotes are very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Thanks again,

Does anyone have the wiring for ISO cable for an aftermarket cd player or the wiring for the ISO cable of a golf

Any help would be appriciated

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Just pop down to Halfords and you can pick up ISO adaptors for approx €25

Advertisement