Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Cavan

• 25-07-2005 5:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hey,

A friend of mine is living in Swanlinbar north of Cavan town and is looking to get broadband. Is there anything available? He's closer to enniskillen than Cavan town so maybe somewhere up the north could offer it??

Cheers for your time,

Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭BlueShaun

Im living in swanlinbar, and there is nothing, (and never will be anything at this rate.)
    Its not on any scheduled rollout between now and 2007 im informed by Eircom.

less than 200m from exchange too.

At least i know now that there is more than myself wants it, but the attitude of most people when i use the word broadband is "you and your funny words" so GBS is out of the question, especially since they seem to be satellite based....

As for getting it from the north, i cant see how (unless via long range wifi) but its a lot of trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

I live near BJD. It's on the eircom trigger list thingy, i.e if x amount of people register their interst in broadband then the exchange will be enabled, however the required number is 400! I'm not sure if there are even that many houses in the feckin town.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭BlueShaun

I live near BJD. It's on the eircom trigger list thingy, i.e if x amount of people register their interst in broadband then the exchange will be enabled, however the required number is 400! I'm not sure if there are even that many houses in the feckin town.

Eircom are not accepting expressions of interest for this area yet! it wont let me put my phone # or account number into the site.....so much for demand triggering it :mad:

I`ve managed to register with smart though i doubt if they will enable it themselves.

Advertisement