Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MC Gear

Options
  • 25-07-2005 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering for those who have been whats you opinion on gear needed.

As a Rogue I'll be hit by almost 100% of the AE effects and spells aswell as being whacked if I draw agro. The general concensess is that Agi must be dropped in favour of other stats, but the two arguements I've found after that are between Fire Resist and Sta. From what I've seen FR is only really worth it if you wear a good few FR pieces. I myself have FR pieces that should bring it up to 50/60 unbuffed. Should I go for these or a perhaps my PvP gear which is sta heavy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

You dont really need FR gear untill you get to ragnaros and thats probably a good bit away just yet.

From what i can gather, just wear your normal instance gear and watch the amount of damage you do so you dont draw aggro. And get bandages. Lots of bandages. The healers pretty much ignore rogues unless we have a specific reason to keep them alive:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

what dustaz said (at least as far as geddon cos thats all im at). Fire resist is handy for the lava packs and geddon but not essential.

Dunno about later on as i aint gotten there yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Another vote here for +Stam gear. I wouldn't worry about AOE dmg, if there's AOE you'll either be using your bow or backing off to bandage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I agree. You won't need FR really until Rag, when you'll be scraping it all together. Sta is good in the meantime. Bring plenty of bandages. Low on health? Just get out and bandage.

At Geddon we've stuck all the rogues in one group before, with no healer, and they just have to make sure they get out and bandage. When he AOEs, you should be outta there, you have to get a routine really and timing, it's easy after a while. The rogues don't usually end up dying, as long as they make sure they bandage when they're low on health and don't stick around for extra damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Preists will heal me. And they'll enjoy it.

(/me hugz 300 FA)

• Advertisement

Oh the naievity of it all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

(/me hugz 300 FA)

thats grand it means you won't be expecting us druids to do anything then

Nature Swiftness ftw....
    Or so I'm told...

You just need a healer to watch rogues only, works for my guild ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

In our guild priests are told to ignore rogues completly they just vanish back of and bandage themselves, theyre a waste of mana and time since they dont contribute much to the general run except pure aggro =D

• Advertisement

In our guild priests are told to ignore rogues completly they just vanish back of and bandage themselves, theyre a waste of mana and time since they dont contribute much to the general run except pure aggro =D
    Well, rogues are far from useless. On the MC runs I did with denied rogues generally topped the dmg tables due to epic maces and I think SS spam. They also can feint to reduce aggro so they shouldn't be getting aggro'd.

We didn't tend to have our priests heal them either as they were busy with tanks, but bandages and shamans are enough and rogues do a hell of a lot of damage.

Try kill a mob without a rogue and see how you get on.

Personally I find spamming Backstab better than SS. My chance to crit is about 28% at this stage (this is from damage meters in instances, not from the spellbook) so I tend to crit mods for 800 or so with BS. Its worth waiting for the energy.

if you get a high end mace though I think that will change. As SS doesn't depend on weapon speed, a really slow, hard hitting mace will give great damage with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Try kill a mob without a rogue and see how you get on.

MC could be done without rogues. It'd just take longer.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I'll tell the other 11 priests to ignore you jim.

Regi wrote:
    Nah, don't ignore him. Bring some linen bandages with you so you can give him the 'Just Bandaged" debuff. Then don't heal him :)

We had a bit of a running joke going with all the healers trying to see how often we could get the guilds token moaney rogue to die per MC run.

Has to be said, he got very very good at managing his health/aggro.

Regi wrote:
    Regi is gonna get some hot train action.

<3 Vanish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

logic1 wrote:
    MC could be done without rogues. It'd just take longer.

.logic.

Yea..cause mana lasts forever right? :P

Id like to see Ragnaros being taken down with no rogues. Im sure a well managed caster group could handle a million sons of flames spawning (lawl), which also need to be downed fast before they drain all your mana.

Healers dont ignore rogues. Priests do cause they're nothing but mana batteries for keeping the main tanks up. Generally its a Druid/Shaman/Pally running around healing on the DPS classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Amen.

Kairo wrote:

Id like to see Ragnaros being taken down with no rogues. Im sure a well managed caster group could handle a million sons of flames spawning (lawl), which also need to be downed fast before they drain all your mana.

Healers dont ignore rogues. Priests do cause they're nothing but mana batteries for keeping the main tanks up. Generally its a Druid/Shaman/Pally running around healing on the DPS classes.

Whatever. We hate you. Accept it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

well on our 6 ragnaros attempts last night the rogues didnt even make it until the first sons spawn.
    they got a druid healing them on our 5/6th attempts but still died because Ragnaros seems to agree with Dustaz.
    Wrath of Ragnaros owns you all!!!111

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i think its the fact that every horde rogue is undead and lvl60 that annoys me the most. or should i call you "unknown entity", ****ers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Kairo wrote:

Cause rogues are the only melee class right? LAWLLLLL don't hate cause you rolled a rogue friend.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Logic with nothing to do in America but post on WoW boards..

WELCOME TO MY LIFE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

logic1 wrote:
    Cause rogues are the only melee class right? LAWLLLLL don't hate cause you rolled a rogue friend.

.logic.

I dont hate cause i rolled a rogue..i <3 my rogue. I hate cause YOU rolled a lock! :D

Gimme back my class ****er!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

try killing mag, golemagge, and garr without rogues
    since the damage metre came along all the rogue bashers shutted up we do far more damage any class except warlocks ofc they just get pwnt if they aggro :P
    i use swords though i get a crit of about 700 on sinister strike but thats with 4 nightslayer peices and bloodfang hood
    1 shaman or druid keeps the rogue alive were to important to let die in boss fights casters run out of mana if there's no rogues

What's interesting is that you can spot the rogues simply by examining the spelling and grammar of a post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

imagine if a warrior tried posting a reply that long....

your mom has grammer dustaz!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Greater fire protection potion and bandages ftw!!

Rogues getting healing pfft let them take care of their own asses :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

indeed, rogues should just bandage :)

Advertisement