Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tatoos and flying

Options
  • 25-07-2005 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hello boards.ie :)

I am going to be getting my first tatoo a few days before I fly to San Francisco.

A friend of mine reckons that I cannot fly if I get the tatoo done. He says cannot fly with an open wound, it will damage the tatoo and I could also end up ill from it.

Has anybody else heard of this before ? I will be asking the artist but just wanted a bit of feedback from yourselves too.

Thanks !

oldboy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

What?
    thats complete and utter tripe!

ive flown a fair few times with new ink done and its been no problem at all!
    Just continue with your aftercare and its all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Ya wha?

Sounds like bullshit to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

You are being wound up..... would you not catch a plane with a cut on your finger?
    What you have been told is complete and utter rubbish - of course you can fly with no worries!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Ask your tattoo artist if i were you. I'd say your friend is talking a big load of tofu there, but can never be too sure, so ask the artist for his/her advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Stay out of the sun and dont go swimming and you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Stay out of the sun and dont go swimming and you should be fine.
    They're the dangers your mate could have been referring to about travelling...

If you're going over there for a while then, when the tattoo has healed (give it a few weeks), cover it with a high factor sun cream so you can at least show it off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭oldboy

I figured as much !!

He was very passionate about the whole thing so I asked him where he got the info from.

He got a tatoo in Thailand and flew back 2 days after getting it. He was really ill on the plane and had to go to hospital when he got off, reckoned it was the tatoo and the "open wound" that did it, thought he had blood posioning :eek:

He never figured that being on the p#ss for 3 weeks solid beforehand and eating diet pills by the handfull might have caused a problem :rolleyes: :D

Thanks for the feedback everybody !! its given me some peace of mind, I'll ask the artist too just to confirm what aftercare steps I need to take.

:)

Advertisement