Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moisturisers

• 25-07-2005 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭

any tips on what the best body and face moisturisers are?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Totally depends on the person's skin and them actually liking the product. Some people like Clairns others Nivea etc etc. Best thing is to get samples of the stuff or travel sized lotions and try them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I really like the new Aveeno body moisturisers that are out - and a lot of places doing a half price deal on them at the mo!
    As for face - as Larianne said it does depend on your skin type, maturity, etc.
    But I use one called Nature's Way - made of all natural and essential oils - you can only get it from Beauticians as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

I have spent a fortune over the years...both cheap and expensive stuff and the best I found is Dr. Hauschka Quince Cream or Rose Cream. It's natural and available in health shops and some chemists. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

If you are female, ask your mother. (I say mother as it is unlikely that your father has used moisturiser to the same extent, if at all) Her skin type is likely to be similar to yours.

My mother has used Nivea all her life. She was mistaken for a woman in her forties when she is in fact a woman in her sixties. She swears by moisturising every day.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Clinique moisture surge extra

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

nivea bought a huge tub of it in croatia for about a quater of the price! although i only moisturise my face(i used to have dry skin there so i started and now it feels weird if i dont)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It really does depend on the person. I know people who swear by the Clinique Dramatically Different moisturising lotion, and yet it makes me feel like I just rubbed a block of margarine over my face.

i actually don't moisturise most days, only when my skin feels really dry. And when I do, it has to be a really light moisturiser. I currently use "Pore-fection" from the Avon range, it's surprisingly good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

dudara wrote:
    I know people who swear by the Clinique Dramatically Different moisturising lotion, and yet it makes me feel like I just rubbed a block of margarine over my face.

It has exactly that effect on me too! Disgusting yellow stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Clinique Dramatically Different is by far the best for me of any I've tried. I use the oil free one though. A bottle lasts or ages. If I'm broke I buy Boots own brand cucumber cleanser, toner and moisturiser. Less than three euro each and not bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

im a dermalogica active moist kinda girl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

I find clinique superdefense SPF25 to be a very good face moisturizer.

The best body moisturizer is probably pure Vitamin E, or Nivea body milk (the blue bottle).

Advertisement