Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting tickets for spurs games(anyone a member of the supporters club)

• 25-07-2005 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

On the back of an earlier thread (people looking for Liverpool tickets) I was wondering if anyone has experience of picking up tickets for spurs home games. I’ve done the package trip in the past, always seem to get crap seats & with Ryanair and Aerlingus's prices to London constantly getting cheaper I was interested in organising it myself. Is anyone a member of the supporters club here in Ireland? What are they like for getting tickets?

Has anyone picked up tickets directly from the club?

Any information anyone might have would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

just a heads up on the flights., they go up to around 150 a seat once the match has been announced. i knot hte fixtures are out now, but Sky chnage them sometimes.

Book your flights early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

eoinf, I was a club member last year, and am a season ticket holder this year.

This is how the ticket sales work:

1. Tickets go on sale to club members for 9 days
    2. On day 10, club members and season ticket holders can purchase an additional ticket under the guest scheme.
    3. On day 11, tickets go on general sale.

Last season most matches sold out on day 11, but not until a couple of hours after the tickets went on general sale (tickets go on sale at 10am)

The later you leave it, the more expensive your ticket could be. Here are the ticket prices for this season. If the Park Lane and Paxton are sold out, you could pay up to £70 for a Category A match (west stand upper) In addition, if you do manage to get a cheaper ticket in Paxton or Park Lane, you may be stuck in a corner, or behind a pillar in the east stand.

My advice? Become a club member. £32 for an adult, but you will be virtually guaranteed a ticket for all home games (and be in a good position to pick up cup tickets as well).

COYS!

NeVeR wrote:
    just a heads up on the flights., they go up to around 150 a seat once the match has been announced. i knot hte fixtures are out now, but Sky chnage them sometimes.

Book your flights early.

Not strictly true (certainly not for Spurs games).

Just booked 10 September to Stansted (back the same night) for home tie against Liverpool. Price? €48 inc. credit card charge.

eoinf wrote:
    Is anyone a member of the supporters club here in Ireland? What are they like for getting tickets?

Sorry to harp on...

AFAIK, there is no affiliated supporters club in the Republic. There used to be, but it folded a while back. I know there's a few Irish posters fromthe old topspurs fan site who tried to organise a few meets for TV games last season, if I can determine their plans for this season I'll post up details on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

cheers for all that info great help.

if i understand you correctly if i become a meber (for £32) ill be able to buy tickets within the nine day period and purchase an additional ticket on day nine. si there a limit on the number of games i would be able to but tickets for? on average how many season ticket holders are there?

would i be able to get more than one ticket for my single membership?

as a matter of interest how much is the season ticket.

do you travel over to all the games

thanks

Eoinf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

one more question how far in advance of the game do the tickets go on general sale.

eoinf wrote:
    cheers for all that info great help.

if i understand you correctly if i become a meber (for £32) ill be able to buy tickets within the nine day period and purchase an additional ticket on day nine.

Guest ticket available on day 10, but other than that all correct.
    eoinf wrote:
    si there a limit on the number of games i would be able to but tickets for? on average how many season ticket holders are there?

No limit on the amount of games you can attend, the more you go to the more loyalty points you get which will help if you want to get cup matches or some away games. There is a cap of 23,000 season tickets this year, not sure how many are left. I do know that all season tickets for the south and north stands are gone.
    eoinf wrote:
    would i be able to get more than one ticket for my single membership?

One ticket + one guest ticket per match.
    eoinf wrote:
    as a matter of interest how much is the season ticket.

Minimum of £540 (south/north stand lower). I paid £625 for south stand upper.
    eoinf wrote:
    do you travel over to all the games

Hoping to make most of 'em. I've flights booked for the first 4 home games (Boro, Chelsea, Liverpool, Fulham) and depending on work I should be able to make the next two (Everton and Arsenal) I want to catch a few cup games as well, and at least one or two away games.
    eoinf wrote:
    one more question how far in advance of the game do the tickets go on general sale.

From www.spurs.co.uk

Members: Match tickets for Home fixtures can normally be purchased the Monday preceding one calendar month in advance of the match date

Non-members: Match tickets for Home fixtures can normally be purchased the Thursday preceding three weeks in advance of the match date

On sale dates
    eoinf wrote:
    thanks

You're welcome.

I'd really recommend you pick up a membership. You can book your flights well in advance, safe in the knowledge that you will get a ticket for the match when they go on sale (certainly did all last season) I expect demand to be higher this year TBH, and wouldn't want to be relying on tickets going on general sale.

Advertisement