Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre Questions

Options
  • 25-07-2005 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

My dad has a 03 Hyundai Sonata with the standard Michelin tyres, he got them changed today and the garage put on Pirelli P6's.

1) Would it have been better to stick with the original type tyres when replacing them?

2) Are the P6's any good?

3) Is 27,000 miles good wear on the originals?

Also he brought it to the garage and they wanted to stick cheap tyres on it but when he rang the company who organise the car (company car) they insisted on the P6's which is a bit strange

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Read a review ages ago in a magazine about the P6's and apparantly they are excellent tyres. Not as good as P-Zero's, of course, but pretty damn good nonetheless. Supposed to provide excellent levels of grip.

However, the wear rate is supposed to be not as good as some other brands but, of course, I guess that all depends on the type of driving you do as well. Though, as I said, generally the wear is not supposed to be as good as some other makes.

Don't take my word for it, though, I'm just recounting what I read in that review! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Cheers Aidan, he has P-Zero's on his MR2 also.

Advertisement