Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great American Bash Results

• 25-07-2005 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

MnM Vs Animal & Heidenreich.

Not the disatser I was expecting, but still hardly PPV quality. Im assuming MNM will regain the titles this week on SD, as Animal is badly out of shape and practise. Either that, or hopefully the Mexicools will take the titles. That said, it was a decent opener.

Christian Vs Booker T

Unquestionably the match of the night. This match showed what both men can do, and hopefully they will be pushed higher in the card if this is what they will produce on a consistent basis.

Orlando Jordan Vs Chris Benoit

This comes a very close second. I am actually glad OJ won, simply because Benoit put him over so well. OJ certainly brought plenty to this match, and if he is can repeat this sort of performance he will make a very decent US champ and heel.

Undertaker Vs Hassan

Well anyone reading the gossip sites knew this one was a foregone conclusion. Even those that werent would have picked it up by hassans promo. Not a bad match. Great to see the ruthless Undertaker return. I think they sold his killing Hassans career very well. The Last Ride was class.

Eddie Vs Rey

I really hope this is the end of the most stupid storyline in the history of sports entertainemnt. The match was hard to watch due to the bloody commentary, and Cole & Tazz constantly going on about the "secret". Maybe if watched with the volume turned down this would have been good.

Mexicools Vs BWO

Why have this on the card if it was going to last 4 minutes. Surely Nova and Richards could have gone longer. WE know that Juvetud, Crazy and Psychosis have talent. Why not bloody well showcase it.

Ladies match - Fast forward. Dont know or care who won.

Batista Vs JBL

Single worst main event I remember in quite a while. Never got going, no stroy told, and a bloody DQ finish. Rubbish. Somehow I see the title match at Summerslam being a triple threat due to this.

Overall id give this a 5/10, and that is puely due to the Booker T/Christian and OJ/Benoit matches.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

5/10 is generous gimmick! I've read Vince was furious about the PPV and very diappointed with it overall. I'm just glad I didn't have to pay to watch that monstrosity like the Yanks.

MNM vs Animal/Heydenreich - Was better than I thought but it's not right that the Dudleys are not in the WWE right now in favour of a match like this. 3/5

Christian v Booker T - A decent match but it's ridiculous that Booker went over instead of Christian. The crowd were with Christian and he's really popular right now but Creative is messing up his character. He was amazing prior to his move to Smackdown yet he's floundering right now. 3/5

Orlando v Benoit - I didn't rate this match highly at all. Far too much offence on the part of Jordan. I felt sorry for Benoit who gave his all as usual. I even heard "Boring" shouts as the bout progressed due to Jordan dominating the match. The crowd gave Benoit some respect at the end which was good. 2/5

Undertaker v Hassan - We knew Hassan was finished but it was sloppy how it was done in the end. A Last Ride onto concrete? Sure Michael! What made it laughable was that it seemed to take forever for Hassan's head to start bleeding! 3/5

Eddie v Rey - Why is this storyline still around? The only thing surprising about this match was Tazz calling Eddie an a*shole. 2/5

Mexicools v bWo - I thought the bWo's entrance was funny but the crowd was dead for this match. It probably should've been near the start of the PPV. Mexicools won in the end. 2/5

Melina v Torrie - At least they made Candice the ref who also stripped. As these matches go it was typically diabolical but I thought Tazz and Michael's commentary was funny. 2/5

Batista v JBL - This really p*ssed me off. JBL wins by DQ? Again? Judgment Day 2004 - JBL guarantees victory over Eddie Guerrero. The result? Eddie gets himself disqualified. Summerslam 2004 - JBL guarantees victory over Undertaker. The result? Taker gets himself disqualifed. Great American Bash 2005 - JBL guarantees victory over Batista. The result? Batista gets disqualified. Ridiculous! Why wasn't JBL disqualiifed for Orlando's interference?
    1/5

Overall, a sh*t PPV and I feel sorry for any Americans who parted with 35 dollars to watch that. Smackdown remains in a mess. I give that PPV a 2/5. If I'd paid for it it would be lucky to get 1/5!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Its starting to annoy me that the WWE is giving us the monthly generic pay per view like this one for free, meanwhile they have made survivor series, royal rumble, wrestlemania and maybe even summerslam pay per view at 22 euros or whatever. The WWE but particuliarly the smackdown brand has had too many bland ppvs like this over the last 18 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Summerslam is also PPV, cant be watching things like that on Sky Sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I decide to give the PPV a chance last night but my gaaawwwddd was it awful!

The main event..... less said the better, any match involving that cnut B**dshaw is bound to be sh!te anyway. Using a DQ to settle a main event on a PPV is cheap so Vince should be looking at himself rather than blaming other people for the lame PPV.

BTW how on earth can Rey roll Eddie up for the 1-2-3 after recieving a brainbuster and a frog splash? Keep it real please.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

That was the first WWE ppv i've watched in a long time, and wow, was it ****e. What the hell was up with having the kid sit at the ring? Eddie has a secret... congratulations, the script writing looks like it is just non existent. And the DQ in the main event! I remember back in the day when if there was a title match on Raw or Smackdown it would end in a DQ, but at a ppv! Jaysus I'd be getting sick if i actually paid to watch that inferior rubbish. Saying that I'm off to watch Raw live on sky sports now! Only noticed that it was on a Monday there.... what ever happened to spending your youth in on a Friday night seeing what would happen on raw! ahhh memories

• Advertisement

I'm not watching Raw tonight as I will try and see the repeat show instead. Every time I do this I end up missing a great Raw. Bret Hart will probably return or something...

not Bret Hart lol
    Eugene has returned for the Kurt Angle invitational and won :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

oh jaysus... :rolleyes:

and next week
    the eugene invitational

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

sweet christ that was the worst main event ever! christ maybe even the worst match ever!! batista kept his title, why was he looking so p!ssed off for at the end? why was there a serious lack of blood? or wrestling for that matter? what a fcuking non event, i'd imagine people in the states that paid to watch that must have been fairly annoyed.. and the eddie/rey match was another waste of time.... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

good article about it here...

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2005/07/25/1147377.html

only 8 thousand tickets were sold 45 minutes before the show started!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

It really lived up to its name, 'cos it was pure \/\/ANK!!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The Great American Bash was first held last year and boy it was awfull, perhaps thats why ticket sales for this event werent great and now that it has turned out to be the worst ppv over the past year outbeating last years rubbish bash, I think the wwe should drop the bash from the 2006 schedule and name it something else lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ First held by wwe last year. It had been running with WCW since 1985.

Gonzo wrote:
    I think the wwe should drop the bash from the 2006 schedule and name it something else lol.

How about just calling it 'The American Bash'? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

^^ Good one. There's a few stories floating around that everyone is unhappy with creative right now. Vince and the team were telling stars to step up and make themselves where creative pretty much control everything that happens. WWE needs competition more than ever in these recent weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Well, the bad news folks, from what I’ve read, is WWE are apparently going to have 'Taker lose or opt out of his No.1 contender spot at Summerslam and go with him and Orton # 2 instead. This will most likely leave another match between Batista and Bradshaw, probably a no DQ match after what happened at the Bash.
    This clause will allow interference, most likely the returning Lesnar, setting up a feud between Batista and him.

Also, Vince was apparently displeased with Big Dave's performance on Sunday. They are saying now that while HHH was able to carry him in their PPV's so far, the match with JBL exposed him as the lesser able wrestler he really is.

True? Or just McMahon starting to sew the seeds that justify Brock taking Batista's spot on SM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I can't remember the last Smackdown-only PPV I watched....it's painful enough watching Smackdown for 2 hours these days, never mind 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sums up the american bash.
    Enjoyed the Christian/Booker T match, shame about the ending. I feel bad for wishing Christian would pile drive booker Ts wife, she is such a stereotype it wrecks my head.

Advertisement