Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer Cork Five

Options
  • 26-07-2005 1:46am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

In case you missed it, BBC Five Live is scheduled for Friday the 5th of August at 5pm in Tom Barrys on Barrack Street. If you can't make it, now would probably be a good time to object so it can be rescheduled if no-one can attend, or cancelled if no-one, uh, cares. ;)

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I should be around for this beerchug.gif

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Won't be around for this one; apparently I'm getting pissed at the family's expense, I mean going to a wedding. Ah well, I'll make the next one...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Ah f*ck it anyways. Supposed to be goin away on the 5th with the missus.

Not confirmed yet so will have to see. Jaysus im cursed - couldnt find ya in the first one i went to and missed the last and now this.Tsk Tsk

Nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

why are they always on a friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

oh jumping jesus.. lets not start the friday/saturday debate again. I'll be there anyway, unless I'm not obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've had provisional plans to head to the big smoke that weekend. So I dunno just yet

rymus wrote:
    oh jumping jesus.. lets not start the friday/saturday debate again. I'll be there anyway, unless I'm not obviously.

Im just saying that for anyone living outside of cork (be they from cork or not) fridays at 5pm is not exactly the most suitable time....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Well, it's a Cork beers, and as far as I'm aware no-one outside of Cork has ever expressed an intention or made an effort to come along, so I don't see a problem. Longest it could take anyone within the county to get to the city is a couple hours, and even with that is someone really going to come up from that far away? And besides all that, what's stopping them walking in at 7, 8 or 9pm? People do anyway! :)

adam

Coming from dublin, i go to college in UCC and but am on work experience for the summer. I dont want to make a big deal about this, im just saying that i am hardly the only person that posts on boards and in the cork city section that is currently outside the city on a friday and cant make it.

Its been on a friday for the previous four so i assume this aint going to change. I wont be going anyway

solice wrote:
    I wont be going anyway
    No problem then, eh? :)

Seriously though, it's been on Fridays because I went and organised them for that day, because for some reason people like the idea of ducking out of work early on Fridays for a few pints. They're not my nights though, anyone is welcome to go ahead and organise one. Why don't you take charge of the September one and organise it for whatever night you like?

adam

• Advertisement

dahamsta wrote:
    No problem then.

Because its on a friday. Cheers though!

Nothing stopping you rescheduling to Saturday solice.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I'm heading up to Kildare on Tuesday to see my new baby niece!! I'll see what I can do about getting back down, but it'll be doubtful... (I will be there this Friday though Adam!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

yeah, i prob wont be able to make it.
    i have to be in cork and limerick on that nite for 2 different occasions....well now 3 occasions....somethings gotta give!
    hopefully i'll make the next one.

-Femmy

There we go solice, it looks like Friday isn't going to work on this occasion anyway. Now's your chance to take the reins, what say you?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I will go to my first Boards Beer!
    Friday or Saturday will do me. I will be the young 'un.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The first time I was a)off work and b)not doing anything for a BBC and it's being switched :(

Something's bound to come up anyway....

Well, five - you, me, JohnK, rymus & D-Generate - isn't too bad if people actually turn up, but will they?

Anyone else for Bwah Bwah Friday the 5th?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I will try and get one or two other people who use boards to come along also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

May be there yet :( Will c how im fixed in the next few days with goin away.

Barry's eh - only a crawl home so. Anyways we did that North/Southsider pole and there was loads from near the lough,how come they (ye) aren't goin.

Nukem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Because the Hawthorn wasnt an option :p

I wont make much Fridays due to the fact that Cork City be playing at home every second friday, and the last few BBCs have clashed. Id like to get to one in the near future though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

excellent i will be there also.itsd my first one also,should be fun i think!

Odd, I was just thinking about this. I reckon that unless anyone else pulls out, we should stick with Friday.

And could someone please make me drink water every third pint or so.

adam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dahamsta wrote:
    And could someone please make me drink water every third pint or so.

But that would mean that the free entertainment (ie you, drunk as a skunk) wouldn't be available for those who stick around beyond 7ish. And, in fairness, a BBC without you getting locked early on would be like, well, the Crucifixion if Jesus had decided to stay at home and wash his hair. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Just realised.. I wont be there unless you reschedule it to Tuesday :) I shall be in London avoiding muslims with backpacks that weekend.

I have no objection to getting drunk as a skunk for everyone's entertainment, I'd just like to remember more than (often embarassing) outtakes the next day. Taking Friday as an example, the pub crawl was an absolute hoot - really, we should do that again - but most of the actual party is a blur. All I can remember are things like:
    • muttering like Foul Ole Ron at Simu for some reason, about god only knows what ("Millennium hand and shrimp, I told 'em!");
    • thinking the two people one friend brought were major league assholes, and quite probably telling them so;
    • wishing the people outside my window would shut up, because I was trying to get some sleep (these would be people at my party);
    • still not being able to figure out who stayed in my back room (although I think now it may have been a chap called Steve, in which case that was ok cos I probably told him he could).
    There was also a few photos of me looking pretty dodgy on my camera when I checked in the morning, including one where I appear to be asleep in my office chair, in the middle of the living room. And AJ made some scurrilous accusations about my relationship with Sascha in a voicemail this afternoon, which is an utterly horrifying concept.

That's what comes of only drinking once or twice a month, no resistance. Hence the need for a glass of water every third pint or so. I'll have to design some kind of gadget. Or possibly just set reminders on my phone. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

rymus wrote:
    Just realised.. I wont be there unless you reschedule it to Tuesday :) I shall be in London avoiding muslims with backpacks that weekend.

http://anextraordinarymachine.blogspot.com/2005/07/scary-notice.html

apparently, this is real.
    Apparently, that blogger is dumb as a rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

BBC 5? Maybee... Still in GMT-2hrs mentally though and no idea where/when work is this week, so I'll have to see. Think I'm meant to be going to a bday party Friday too, but that might have changed by now :confused: I'll see ye if I can get there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

dahamsta wrote:
    [*]muttering like Foul Ole Ron at Simu for some reason, about god only knows what ("Millennium hand and shrimp, I told 'em!");

o_O

I have no memory of that so no harm done I guess!

Advertisement