Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer Cork Five

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Errah I mutter like Foul Ole Ron all the time, who's gonna notice? :)

adam

Head count please?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Count me out. Busy im afraid.Enjoy ;)

Nukem

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Deffo can't make it, will be on the razzle with extended family tomorrow night. I'll do my best to uphold what seems to be BBC tradition though (ie getting thoroughly ratarsed well before everyone else and insulting people in funny ways :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

dahamsta wrote:
    Head count please?

No can do 'fraid. Working 12hr day up in Galway.

• Advertisement

I have to take the ould fella up to Shannon on Saturday afternoon anyway, so suits me sir. Weather doesn't look good for a beer garden either.

Reschedule?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Aye rescheduale it is so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ya reschedule until next week fecking aib wont let me at my money so i will punish them by moving to bank o ireland.thatll learn em

Shall we say Friday again, just to annoy solice? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Friday sounds good :)
    I enjoy having a 'few' pints after work beerchug.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

ok, I'm totally confused as to what day you plan on having it, but I'm in Naas now, and about to head to Dublin for the weekend, so I can't make it this week, but then again, if you reschedule, I can't make it then either, cause I have work next Friday night!...
    (oh, and Adam, it was me who took the photo of you in your chair in the middle of the living room!)

So Friday the 11th (next week) in Tom Barrys - could try make it. Nothing planned............play it by ear but will do my best.
    Head count for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ah bollocks, I was planning on coming along tonight. I dunno about next week right now.

ok, I'm totally confused as to what day you plan on having it, but I'm in Naas now, and about to head to Dublin for the weekend, so I can't make it this week, but then again, if you reschedule, I can't make it then either, cause I have work next Friday night!...
    dudara wrote:
    Ah bollocks, I was planning on coming along tonight. I dunno about next week right now.
    Friday, Saturday, whatever; I'm not the boss of ye, take initiative; more the merrier; etc, etc. (That reminds me, we should do the midweek dinner thing again some night, that was a laugh. Well, up to a point. :))
    (oh, and Adam, it was me who took the photo of you in your chair in the middle of the living room!)
    See, there's you trying to show me up as a drunk - which is fair enough - when I hear on the grapevine that I wasn't the only one who had a teensy bit too much to drink that night. :)

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm free tonight, in fact I'll be gagging for a pint by the time I get back from Shannon around 5 or 6. I'm off in a couple hours though, so text XXX XXXX XXX if you're interested.

adam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

As adam pointed out in one of the many other threads about drinking on here, this shindig is meant to be happening tomorrow. I'll be finished work at 5, and assuming that the narcoleptic-type sleeping fits that have assailed me all week don't strike again, I'll be up for one or two. Who else is about?

We should have it on whatever day will get the most people there*. Let's pretend we're a democracy and have a vote.

adam

*What I mean by that is the most girls. As I've said before, boys are dull. No offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I can't this weekend at all, I'm on nights, next weekend I can, but can't drink cause I'm on days... so I'll just go along with whatever's picked!

I should be free from about 9~9.30 on Friday but I dont think I'm free at all on saturday*.

*= I could be wrong though. I really have to start noting down when I tell people I'll go drinking with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dare I suggest a few drinks for the Hurling on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Friday would suit me, say 9-9.30ish.

Maybe, I'm not in much of a form for drinking these days tbh. I would like to do the midweek dinner thing again though. It's a good excuse to try out new resteraunts :)

Edit: Oh and 3K :)

• Advertisement

I'm going to Baltimore on Saturday, so that's me out now.

3K?

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    3K?

Look at it sideways, then, to quote Terry Pratchett, wind your sense of humour down by about ten notches. And look at your definition of "most people" again.

Either that, or there's something really wrong with my brain. (As in, more than usual, before some smart-arse decides to point this out...)

dahamsta wrote:
    I'm going to Baltimore on Saturday, so that's me out now.

Was goin to go to Sherkin on Saturday so could have met you in Bushes for a G&T yachty style but got too much on.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Eh 3K in the traditional usage. i.e. 3,000.

Referring to that being post no. 3000 for me.

Obscure I guess. I thought it was pretty clear. :)

nesf wrote:

Referring to that being post no. 3000 for me.
    Ah. I gave up on post counts when it got embarrassing. :)

nesf wrote:

Oh. Um, ok. I'll just stop trying to understand anything anyone says, and go and gibber in the corner. (What's worrying is that I still think my interpretation made more sense in the context of the thread...)

/puts on "Dunce" hat

So, whats the story then?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

seems as if theres nobody going john

Guess I'll just go to plan B so. Into Reardons to see the Transmitters with a few other friends beerchug.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

gotta have a plan B. I'll be going fishing for mackerel to whomp* tomorrow

*whomping is the practice of throwing dead fish at moving cars

Advertisement