Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New overclock settings

Options
  • 26-07-2005 2:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Think i am finally getting somewhere with the tweaking. As y'all know i have had issues with getting my CPU to go past 2.7Ghz on reasonable voltages. No way will i go higher then 1.500 volt. So i cleared CMOS and started afresh (using latest F7 bios on the GA-K8NXP nForce4 Ultra mobo).

HTT set to 3x, multiplier set to 10x, FSB set to 265. CPU is a San Diego 4000+. Memory is OCZ PC3700 with rated timings of 2-3-3-8-1T command rate.

So i started to adjust the timings and i went with 2.5-4-3-8-1T. With these timings i am stable at DDR530....not bad at all. CPU is 2.65Ghz with the voltage at 1.425. SuperPI 32M stable and it completes 24 runs in 27:45 :D

So i know the mobo is able to handle a high FSB so it has to be cooling on the CPU holding me back. I've only got two 1800RPM fans in push/pull with a CoolerMaster Hyper6.

You'd think this setup would crank out 2.8GHz, :rolleyes: , maybe the only think to do now is go for liquid nitrogen cooling.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=29076

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Nice overclock. :e-peen:

Air -> water -> chilled water -> peltier -> phase change in orderr of cooling power (lowest first)

Try one of these if you don't want to get your hands dirty.. Make sure you cool your RAM actively aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

That is excellent Wiz, definately check that product out, i have active cooling on the RAM; http://www.xoxide.com/supertalent.html

Advertisement