Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing DVD's

• 26-07-2005 8:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, I bought a DVD from www.play.com the other day called champions forever. It featured Ali, Holmes, Foreman, Frazier and Norton all discussing their fights and careers....It was made in the late 80's and I have to say it was the best 115mins of boxing banter and action I've ever witnessed. Really worth a watch for any boxing enthusiasts. Check it out on the above website. Free shipping to Ireland and other countries....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

Sounds interesting, walshb. Just wondering if anyone buys fights on DVD online, through ebay etc. I'm tempted to starting buying a few though I'm just wondering what the quality/presentation is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Below is a great site for buying boxing fights on VHS and DVD.....Ships to Ireland and the quality is great...

http://silversurfer91.homestead.com/tyson.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Boxing's Hardmen by Steve Collins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭snakeater

There was a documnetary on the history of boxing on the BBC a while ago, it was really good. Does anyone know if it is available on DVD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

That champions forever is a great show alright. Also one that is very rare to get is "The Fabulous Four" featuring Leonard, Duran, Hearns & Hagler..... true class.

• Advertisement

Yes, I have the FAB 4 also, great watch and as regards the BBC DVD....I entered a competition to win this DVD which contains 10 Discs in total. The title is called boxing classics and its vailable at:

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&searchtype=r2title&searchstring=boxing+classics&page=search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

The Beeb series "The Fight" is supposed to be either out or coming out on DVD. Ha anyone heard of it? I've searched around the web and come up with nothing.

I've seen a couple of them. One on Louis/Schmelling, one on Jack Johnson, and the other nights one on Ali/Foreman III. They're a great watch.

Now now Roper, Ali/Foreman 111????, was that not Ali/Frazier 111????.
    Saw that few weeks ago. It documented all the three Ali/Frazier fights...it was very good and ended with the most brutal fight in ring history...thrilla in Manilla....

Advertisement