Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulling up window??

Options
  • 26-07-2005 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

Have a quick questions here.

I'm working on a site that has a search tool.
    The search returns links that open the content in the original browser window.

Is it possible to make the window that has been effected by the pop-up's link to jump out in front.

At the moment the content changes, but it stays sitting behind the pop-up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

Is this not just the target option? This is from the dreamweaver help section, I would imagine _parent or _top is the one you should try:

_blank loads the linked file into a new, unnamed browser window.

_parent loads the linked file into the parent frameset or window of the frame that contains the link. If the frame containing the link is not nested, the linked file loads into the full browser window.

_self loads the linked file into the same frame or window as the link. This target is the default, so you usually don’t need to specify it.

_top loads the linked file into the full browser window, thereby removing all frames.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

No, the target tells the link which window or location to open the html page in.

What I need is to pull the window that's been changed to the front.
    At the moment it just sits behind the other window when it gets changed, so a person using 800*600 wouldn't be able to see that the content of the link was opened on a deifferent window, as it would be sitting behind the pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

BizzyC wrote:
    Have a quick questions here.

I'm working on a site that has a search tool.
    The search returns links that open the content in the original browser window.

Is it possible to make the window that has been effected by the pop-up's link to jump out in front.

At the moment the content changes, but it stays sitting behind the pop-up.

Try replacing the body tag for the pop-up page with this:
    <body onLoad="window.focus();">

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Perfect.
    Thanks Serbian.

Advertisement