Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart bb and 10 day waiting period

• 26-07-2005 1:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, wondering if you can help as the feedback is of a really good quality on here.

I have signed up for Smart and have received my modem and am waiting on eircom to change my number etc and have been told this will take place in 10 working days from 12th July.
    Today is the 10th day and currently no changeover so sitting there waiting for something to happen, is there anything i can do to make this process happen? ring smart or eircom?

As you can imagine the wait is killing me and my playstation 2 thinks ive left the country.

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

id say if you ring smart they'll pull a "Were waiting for Eircom" scenario. Best bet to email eircom top brass and see how fast things move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Judging on personal experience, if you get connected anytime within the next three months, consider yourself VERY lucky :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Months ago, the Smart website stated that my local exchange would go live for broadband in July/August '05. I signed up for broadband/line rental and sent in my DD form. I heard nothing back from them. I recently checked the website and my exchange is no longer scheduled for July/August but is on a Network Building program which will be completed in 2006. I phoned up Smart to inquire and I was told that they never even received my DD form. Cowboys.

I'm now with BT and not looking back.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrquiteaguy

Hi Garfield,

I got the application form/literature today from Smart Telecom.
    It looks pretty complicated.(I think they should put you in charge of simplifying it :)

At the momentI am on Eircom for line rental.
    Esat BT(BT IRELAND) for broadband.

I see that i have to cancel my esat broadband and get a cancellation number from them. How do I get that from them?

Next, What do i do about eircoms line rental?
    and do i get the free line rental immediatiely from Smart?

I am on the Quaker Road(Cork city exchange)

Thanks for your help Garfield.
    And my questions might make it easier for other people who want to move to Smart.You deserve to be supported because i think you offer the best deal out there.

Regards,
    Anthony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Happy Days broadband up and running changed over yesterday...and guess what the service is sweeeeeeeeeeeet cant beat it.
    I was previously on ntl Dublin 8 area and it was crap the service was that bad they offered to cancel my contract 6 months into it!! so signed with smart and happy days

Its worth the wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Rafloution wrote:
    Happy Days broadband up and running changed over yesterday...and guess what the service is sweeeeeeeeeeeet cant beat it.
    I was previously on ntl Dublin 8 area and it was crap the service was that bad they offered to cancel my contract 6 months into it!! so signed with smart and happy days

Its worth the wait!!

I'm NTL D8 too and mine is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

mrquiteaguy:

first, you NEED to get Esat broadband cancelled completely, and de-activated before doing anything with smart.
    Not sure if cancellation numbers are only required if transferring to other bitstream providers but anyway, just do what it takes to cancel that

once your broadband is gone, dead , and not exisiting
    order smart and send in your direct debit mandate as soon as you possibly can.
    shortly after, you should receive your modem etc in the post and shortly after that again your line should be active, with a new smart phone number ( within 10 working days of their receipt of your direct debit normally )

currently your line rental is from eircom, and you get a bill from them for that, and one from esat for their broadband and stuff.
    once your line with smarti s active, everything is transfered to them automatically, and you will no longer be paying line to eircom.

From smart you should be then getting a bill for €35 each month + any calls. One Bill, One Provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mrquiteaguy

Thank you very much Jnive for your advice.

I am going to switch over to Smart start of September so that it gives me time
    to finish up with Esat,give them notice and also tell people i am changing my phone number.

Thanks once again for your help.
    Much Appreciated.
    Anthony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭half_life_man

i've been waiting since the 09 of june to get bb and i still dont have it. everything is connected up i'm just waitin 4 smart to connect me to their server and give me the new fone no. has any1 else ever waited this long

Advertisement