Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baileys

• 26-07-2005 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭

On another thread i just read people were talking about Baileys and the cheap version of Baileys you can get in Lidl.
    Has anyone tried this cheap stuff ?

I was given some at a party recently and had to pour it down the sink it was so bad. :o

I don't think you can get another alcohol(Irish Cream type) drink like Baileys its the best by a long shot.

I tried St Brendans and Carolans etc etc which are not bad but have to admit Baileys is still No.1 for me.
    Is there any others i have missed ? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I find ALDI's alright. It's *not* Baileys by any means, but it's not undrinkable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Dunnes Stores have a 1 litre bottle of fake Baileys (not sure of the name) for 9.99. Its lovely...mmmmm....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That LIDL stuff is ok for cocktails, and at 3.99 a bottle you can't go far wrong.
    I made my own Bailey's once, which was nice, but a bit of a waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Baileys is made with whiskey and cream, the cheapo stuff is mostly wine. Some will say whiskey on the bottle, but read the small print, it nearly always has wine, so it is really just a tiny amount of whiskey.

You can make your own cream liquers easily. I make very potent ones with 95% vodka, chocolate sauce, condensed milk and cream goes down very smooth. lots of recipies on the net. I have lots of bottles of liquer essences made from the actual fruit not artificial flavourings, expensive but worth it. hazelnut liquer is lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tesco sell a Baileys like drink for E6.99. I think it's called Maher's, but I'm not sure. It is however quite nice, and at that price, very gluggable.

The problem with Baileys is that it's far far too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

McCormacks from Super Valu is fab! I think it tastes just like Baileys, in fact I think its nicer. Its around 6.99 a bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭skye

Try Tia Lusso ( think that's the name!! ). It's in a blue bottle - exactly the same as Baileys but alot cheaper. Think it's "sister" of Tia Maria...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stiletto

if your guna move to tia lusso you mite as well just have tia maria and milk- its much nicer, less sweet and icky - ah tia maria - its like the best drink in the world- its my absolute favourite and right now im deprived- be warned some silly countries like poland dont even import the drink

Advertisement