Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MP3 Frequency Player

Options
  • 26-07-2005 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,
    Don't have a CD Player in the car and can't afford to put one in...can anyone recommend one of those adaptors which you can plug your mp3 players into and it will play the songs on a specific frequency on the radio??
    Thanks a mill guys
    L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Belkin do them, but they retailers in ireland cannot legally stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Depends on the MP3 player. For iPod or iPod mini, the Griffin iTrip is the business. For anything else, I believe the iRock is quite good.

check this place out
    http://www.egears.co.uk/cat_accessories.cfm

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

prospect wrote:
    Belkin do them, but they retailers in ireland cannot legally stock them.

I think the law states that if it has a broadcast range of over 100 meters it is illegal to use but something like an iTrip is fine.

The iTrip is ideal as long as you have something like an iPod or mini iPod to connect to it and these are more expensive than a cd player (unless you already have one of course). It picks up the frequency on one of your FM stations on your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Well Bazz26, that would make perfect sense. But i did spend the latter half of last year trying to locate one, and this is the answer i got every time, even though it only broadcasts over approx 15 meters.
    Reason, radio piracy!!!!
    But hopefully you are right and they have changed this stupid law.

Also, the belkin FM Transmitter (which i later bought for about $20 in NYC, broadcasts a signal from ANY device with a headphone jack.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I got a similar yoke from Arkon , a SF150a. $20 + around another $20 postage. It's pretty good. The reception drops in and out occasionally (although that is probably due to my crappy car radio + broken aerial) and if you drive long distances you occasionally have to retune as you come into an area where "your" frequency is already in use.
    Do you have a cassette player? If so, you could get one of those cassette adapter jobbies. They're cheap and give reasonable sound quality (better than FM).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

prospect wrote:
    Well Bazz26, that would make perfect sense. But i did spend the latter half of last year trying to locate one, and this is the answer i got every time, even though it only broadcasts over approx 15 meters.
    Reason, radio piracy!!!!
    But hopefully you are right and they have changed this stupid law.

Also, the belkin FM Transmitter (which i later bought for about $20 in NYC, broadcasts a signal from ANY device with a headphone jack.

If you know someone coming back from the US then they are very cheap over there. I know a few people who have brought them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

My brother got a radio fitted today, they tried to sell him a transmitter dealy for €40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Radio Shack has several of them.

See here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Louise77 wrote:
    Hi,
    Don't have a CD Player in the car and can't afford to put one in...can anyone recommend one of those adaptors which you can plug your mp3 players into and it will play the songs on a specific frequency on the radio??
    Thanks a mill guys
    L
    If you don't have a CD have you a tape player, any standard tape adapters will work if so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭JOSSYJACOB

My friends toyota yaris had no CD player. He has a tape player. He bought an MP3 player - Sony DiskMan type in which you could insert a mp3 CD . He also bought a tape adapter.The whole kit cost him around 120 Euro. This tape adapter's one end could be connected to the MP3 player and the cassette like interface could be inserted to the tape player.

But this is a "bulky solution" !

• Advertisement
Advertisement