Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Q

Options
  • 26-07-2005 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a credit union loan of €4000 that i'm paying back, i've paid about €1000 back so far. Now the thing is there are some things that i need and i'd rather not put them on my credit card. I've been told a credit union would 'top up' a loan if requested, is this true?

I'd need about €1500, so i have no problem paying another €500 off the loan to bring it down to €2500, and then ask if i could borrow another €1500 to bring back the loan to my original loan amount again, ya get me?

I have excellent credit, there's been money going into my CU account since i was about 12(thanks mum ;)) and i've paid back all my loans well within time. I have a full time permanent well paid job.

Would they do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

should be no problem, top up loans are commen. as long as you have enough savings to cover the loan. most times its 4 times the savings eg:

savings 2500
    max loan 10000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

i can't even remember what my savings are to be honest, but my original loan was 4000 so i don't see there being a problem getting that again, maybe a couple of hundred more but that's it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

If your rating is good they will do it for you no problem!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Credit unions are the business really ! They will top up the loan without any problems and don't seem to mind overly if you get behind in your payments a bit. That said they are dearer than the banks (nowadays) and its a pain having to keep a certain sum of money on deposit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yeah credit unions are great they shouldnot cause a problem

anyway i was gettin a car loan for 25000 yoyos and i was told that credit union were charging me 11% interest and the car dealer did it for 6.5%
    i always thought credit union was cheapest but its not the case.
    thats just my story i wanted to tell u guys:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

yep, you shouldn't have any problem. my parents do that every christmas lol

Advertisement