Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I mad to go Chorus??

• 26-07-2005 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi

I'm seriously thinking of signing up for cablenet and digital TV from Chous!!

My current setup is:

Sky Digital: 28.50
    Eircom line : 27.99
    eircom BroadBand : 40.00
    total: 96.49

Proposed new setup

Chorus Digital: 27.99
    No Line: 0.00
    Cablenet: 29.99
    Blueface.ie : 9.99
    total 67.97

Plus calls probably cheaper and cable in other rooms in the house.

But is Chorus any good, had them once before and they were pure sh*t at customer service.
    Has any used cablenet? whats the QOS like?

Cheers

B2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Chorus' customer service is still sh*t, I wouldn't touch them even if they had a good product offering.

I'd suggest this:
    Sky Digital: 28.50
    BT line rental : 10
    BT BroadBand : 30.00 (15 for the next 4 months)
    total: 68.50 (or 53.50 for next 4 months)

Better than you choose Chorus. Don't know what Cablenet is like as I've never used it. Can Chorus digital cable be piped to several rooms or do you need a decoder box at each TV? I would have thought the latter for a digital service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

jor el wrote:
    Can Chorus digital cable be piped to several rooms or do you need a decoder box at each TV? I would have thought the latter for a digital service.

not digital, but regular cable can be piped into any other room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Has there been any complaints about cablenet yet on this forum? Possibly there are very few subscribers but I would still expect a few complaints if the service is crap.

I would retain the phone line until you are happy with the reliability of the broadband before switching exclusively to VoIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

SkepticOne wrote:
    Has there been any complaints about cablenet yet on this forum? Possibly there are very few subscribers but I would still expect a few complaints if the service is crap.

I would retain the phone line until you are happy with the reliability of the broadband before switching exclusively to VoIP.

Thats another issue, I want to do the free blueface trial but have no hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭dubadubdub

I've had NTL for the past 10 months and it beeb plain sailing, very reliable. Don't really know about their customer service as I haven't had to call them!

I believe blueface have a new offering where they lend and setup an ATA for you to try out for a month.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

don't do with chorus..their current offering is crap...since they originally went into broadband they've never upgraded their lines or equipment..one of my friends was with them for bout 2 years and changed to IBB because of the above reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

****ing crap,i stick to sky!

Advertisement