Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Shields

Options
  • 26-07-2005 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Liverpool fan Michael Shields has been sentenced in Bulgaria to 15 years in prison after for attempted murder after another man admitted guilt, that is shocking, full story on BBC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I find it odd he's being referred to as "Liverpool football fan" in most of the media circles.
    To me, that would taint his character.
    Ok - perhaps if the incident happened during / just after the match, but it seems a bit weird.
    Anyone else think so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

the other person admitted it to a solicitor in merseyside not to the police in bulgaria so it couldnt be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

whiskeyman wrote:
    I find it odd he's being referred to as "Liverpool football fan" in most of the media circles.
    To me, that would taint his character.
    Ok - perhaps if the incident happened during / just after the match, but it seems a bit weird.
    Anyone else think so?

It is but I've been hearing about it from www.liverpoolfc.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Squirrel wrote:
    It is but I've been hearing about it from www.liverpoolfc.tv

I've been hearing about it on BBC 5 live mostly myself - I guess the sports fan element is making for much coverage due to the listenership.

I even heard Jamie Carragher is adding his vocal support (and speaking on behalf of the team also) - he mentioned had he even known he would have scored in the match yesterday, he would have worn a t-shirt to publicise his case even further.

Also noted that the Foreign Affairs Office in the UK said they couldnt get involved in the legal matters of other countries.... they seemed to be doing plenty in Iraq and Afghanistan mind you!

Anyway, hopefully a breakthrough will come sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

I think Shields is a gonner as the Bulgarian Waiter who seems to be missing a chunk from his head said it was definitely Shields and NOT Sankey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement