Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance on commerical Van

Options
  • 26-07-2005 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Does anyone know if a commerical van can be insured privatly? A guy that works with me has an opel Vivaro van that he says is taxed and insured privatly but im after trying to get the insurance they tell me i cant get private insurance on a commerical vechicle.

Anyone know any better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,021 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

FTO wrote:
    Does anyone know if a commerical van can be insured privatly? A guy that works with me has an opel Vivaro van that he says is taxed and insured privatly but im after trying to get the insurance they tell me i cant get private insurance on a commerical vechicle.

Anyone know any better?
    It might be worth looking for commercial insurance quotes as the tax will be lower on a commercial (assuming a reasonably sized engine) than a private vehicle. A guy I used to work with had a van insured commercally and it wasn't that bad. Worth bearing in mind anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 FTO

The tax is Lower E253 compared to E480 private but the insurance for a commerical is more and i would hav to get a DOE every year which is over a E100. It should work cheaper or around the same without the hassle of gettin a DOE.

Advertisement