Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis Vs Manowar

Options
  • 26-07-2005 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Surly rockers OASIS have an unlikely new adversary — Auburn, New York heavy metal band MANOWAR.

That's what happens when you stop singer Liam Gallagher in mid-brag about how Oasis are "like, the loudest band in the ****ing world onstage" and tell him that the Guinness Book Of World Records instead favors Manowar.

"But they're loud and **** though, aren't they? They're just ****," Gallagher says emphatically.

Seated beside him, bassist Andy Bell is somewhat perplexed.

"Who are they anyway?" Bell asks. "Heavy metal?"

"**** Manowar," interjects Gallagher decisively.

There's a pause as Liam's insult sinks in. Then Bell replies dryly, "That was a good point anyway. A bit blunt of you, but well made."

You couldn't make this **** up :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Talk about a clash of civilizations, if there ever was one... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

oh crikey.....could we see the clash of the titans we all wanted to see?

Warriors of the World vs another beatles cover band

I'd pay money to see that

the clash of the titans
    :D

Perhaps it would be a clash of sorts if Oasis weren't so incredibly boring. IMO.

(I should slip an IMO in here before the delinquents start flaming me :D )

Ancient1 wrote:
    :D

Perhaps it would be a clash of sorts if Oasis weren't so incredibly boring. IMO.

(I should slip an IMO in here before the delinquents start flaming me :D )

delinquents - surely the people who like Oasis, the majority of them are clean cut young men and women, some of whom have even attended college....oh how I could start :) *

* dont get your knickers/under garments in a twist - just mocking a band who dare stand against the might of mighty Manowar :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Wait a minute...Oasis think they are the loudest band in the world? They must be snorting a little too much of the old Charlie Whizz!

Oasis are Shiite IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

TBH unless you've had your head in the sand for the last few months Oasis have been slagging off every band on the planet.

Who are they going to have a rant about next....... The Beatles? :rolleyes:

I still like them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Manowar would beat them to death with their custom designed specially reinforced guitars and then hollow out their skulls and use them to drink their blood.

I started writing that trying to exaggerate for the sake of effect, but after thinking about it, it sounds like EXACTLY the sort of thing Manowar would do. :)

I was backstage during an Oasis gig at Witnness once. Could barely hear them. Rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

couldnt spinal tap play to 11..................?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i cant actually believe that this is true.and in the interview he goes onto say he like rivers cuomo a lot!insane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I would love nothing more than to see Liam Gallagher bottle every member of Manowar in the face.

• Advertisement

That wuss wouldn't dare stand before those 4 Mighty Warriors of the True Cause!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

only for ozzy to come and bite liams head off...and spit it at noel

the lads from oasis are nothing more than a couple of dirty knackers with no talent..noel couldnt lace up any other guitarists boots

and liam couldnt be more of an annoying "singer"

A funny story actully, When my GF was running a pub in Manchester they came in and started shoutin like a couple of scumbags,When they were asked to leave liam called her a fat bitch,Then one of the locals (a big fck off trucker dude) told laim he could either leave via the door or the window......needless to say they got up and left

I would love nothing more than to see Liam Gallagher bottle every member of Manowar in the face.

are you one of the delinquents that like Oasis or you just a twat?*

* or is there any difference?

Hey, I may be twat who likes oasis, but...yeah.
    Lol, Manowar just irritate me. The name of their band is a type of fish ffs.

A man o' war is not a fish.

Besides, Oasis are named after puddles in the desert ffs.

quite true Sarky,

Man o' war are a poisonous jellyfish with tendrils that stretch far below the surface :)

For more information go here: http://www.aloha.com/~lifeguards/portugue.html

As for Oasis: go here http://www.answers.com/oasis&r=67

We at boards always like to educate, insult and generally piss our viewers off :)

This has been a completely unncessary public broadcast

Actually a Man'o'war is a fish. A jelly-fish. Anyway, at least Oasis' music isn't about the glory of battle or the triumph of steel and all that ridiculous lark...

No, it's all angsty crap about lost love and drugs and inner hurt. Or something. I don't know, I'm just making wild assumptions and sweeping generalisations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Anyway, at least Oasis' music isn't about the glory of battle or the triumph of steel and all that ridiculous lark...

You say it like the glory of battle and the truimph of steel are something to be ashamed of... Has Conan The Barbarian taught you nothing!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Actually a Man'o'war is a fish. A jelly-fish. Anyway, at least Oasis' music isn't about the glory of battle or the triumph of steel and all that ridiculous lark...

I think you will find that a jellyfish is in fact a free-swimming medusae.

u know.. just like a seahorse is not really a real HORSE.... :)

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote:
    No, it's all angsty crap about lost love and drugs and inner hurt. Or something. I don't know, I'm just making wild assumptions and sweeping generalisations.

Yes, you are; not to mention subtle implications, lol. Still, I'll take Oasis' down-to-earth lyrics over Manowar's any day. Most people do.

Has Conan The Barbarian taught you nothing!?

The voice of reason has finally arrived :D

Go Conan!

01_001.JPG

I think you will find that a jellyfish is in fact a free-swimming medusae.

u know.. just like a seahorse is not really a real HORSE.... :)

Ahhh, semantics. The last resort of know-it-alls. I think you will find that a jelly-fish is still a jelly-fish. (Emphasis on 'fish'). You know, just like a polar bear is still a bear.

Anyway, Conan>Manowar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Most people do.

Yes! And what most people do makes it better! :rolleyes:

Yes! And what most people do makes it better! :rolleyes:

Hardly. But it can quite often be taken as an indication of how good something already is. ROLLEYES !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

what the pride of manchester :rolleyes: ,sorry i like oasis and i am going to see them it the point in december,i am from the same area in manchester they are from even though they are city scum,but they are mancs so you have to look after your own :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭madfistbt

TBH unless you've had your head in the sand for the last few months Oasis have been slagging off every band on the planet.

Who are they going to have a rant about next....... The Beatles? :rolleyes:

I still like them though.

The beatles are the real ****ters, I love how people go on about how legendry they are, and they are the greatest band ever when In fact most of these people dont even listen to them. I sat down the other day and decided no Ill give these ***** a chance and listen to their music. Jesus I cant for the life of me see how they got so poplular.

Bunch of ***** :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Hardly. But it can quite often be taken as an indication of how good something already is. ROLLEYES !!
    and it can also show how much of our population are sheep.

Cremo wrote:

Only if you operate under the assumption that people whom you don't even know are 'sheep'. I tend to give strangers the benefit of the doubt, and believe that they have their own personal musical taste. More fool me though, right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭madfistbt

Cremo wrote:
    Anyone who cant appreciate there first two albums, must REALLY want to be an individual to a stupid length.
    I hate these ****ers who want to be so different from everyone else just for the sake of being alternative.

I agree with Oasis that all the music that comes out nowadays is just ****, an absolute scandal. Ill admit there
    stuff aint what it used to be. and jesus dont even get me started on greenday or keane . Eugghh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement